Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002 | 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would you believe someone at Evolution Imports? They're gona lose money practically lose business by the Evo coming to US. Of course they'd tell you it's not coming here so you'll buy from them. That's what any good business man would do. Get your head outa your *** and wait, you'll see it's coming.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Broeli, so basically your posts mean as much as the other 3487448 posts on the new EVO coming to the states. jack ****. im with evolution se7en on this one... why put a deposit down on a car you have no info on. lets make this as ambiguous as possible.... it's gonna be a mitsubishi! it's gonna wear the LANCER badge! it will have a turbo! and to top it off, its gonna cost twice as much as my lancer. if mitsu doesn't part the pacific with this EVO launch in jan '03, i will lose all respect for them and sell my lancer, maybe even go buy myself one of them nice daewoo things they call cars.

ok im done ranting.

Last edited by ez4me2c3d; Jul 29, 2002 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Ok...here is part of another email:

"We'd love to be able to announce details, however this vehicle will be introduced in a "world launch" in late January. Therefore, all the specs are highly secret at this time. Since you have a business interest, if you will respond with more information about your operations (address/phone) we'll add you to our media list to receive information as soon as it is available.
For now, you many correspond with me, but I would ask you NOT to give out my email address to potential buyers, as I am unable to respond to non-media, non-business inquiries."

I am also a little discouraged about it being kept so secret....but from what I understand they are still testing different trannys, experimenting with hp, etc. Go ahead and buy you imported Evo.....have fun with getting it road legal....have you even received them yet? They keep delaying it, hmm. You do know that the Evo isn't on the list of cars that have met all the requirements to be road legal after the first month of ownership don't you? Are they doing what Motorex had to do to get the Skylines legal?
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 06:09 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I give it a if it's a world car. That means the car will be awesome and if we have the weaker evo and so will japan . Look what happend to the jdm wrx. It use to be 280ps like the sti. 250ps now.

Personally i'm not worried what it is, expecally my papers say first mitsubishi evolution not cedia turbo. Thanks for the warning me but i'm not worried.

I told myself i wasn't buying over MSRP for the same reason people gave here. The sales man actually agreed until i was about to have the papers signed. The manager insisted more money and he orginally wanted 1000 over and he doesn't want to sell it b/c at that time they were uncertain if not they could get more $. I was but they convinced to pay the extra for #1 spot. Sorry for contributing in dealer markup but, personally 500 isn't that bad consider these guys want 5000!

I just hope the brembos comes standrad, and we should definitly have an evo/lancer meet on the track when all of us gets one.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

To all you disbelieving jackasses:

We were promised by the President of Mitsu USA, Pierre Gagnon that we will infact receive the Evo, w/ AWD, Brembos, 250+HP and UNDER 30K. **** what EI says and **** what the dealers say. The only dealers you can trust are the ones like mine, the ones that say "You have to wait for the full specs and price, we know what Gagnon told us and that's it."

When a multi-billion dollar comapny puts out a statement like that, you can take it to the bank. They can't just recant on a promise like that.

Old Jul 29, 2002 | 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

*munches popcorn*

you guys done yet?

I'm not as concerned over this because I have my lancer es for 5 more years til I pay it off. Then I can trade it up for the Lancer Evo Whatnot that's out in 2007. I'll be almost 30 by then, so it won't matter insurancewise.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 08:19 PM

The Fact is no matter what, the EVO VIII will sell. Whether someone comes in with $5,000 or $25000 over sticker. We already have 15 calls a day for people wanting this car, some willing to pay THAT much over sticker just to get there hands on one because they are a real enthusiast. I dont even sell cars, but I am an enthusiast, I have been driving mitsubishi's since the early 80's. All greg was trying to do was get THE REAL enthusiast's a chance to own this car, to have your name first on the list so you didnt have to worry about these other people that have money to burn, and pay 25,000 over sticker before any of us have a chance to buy one.
We dont NEED to post that we are taking deposits, there will be 20 people here waiting to buy this car the day it comes out. We are just trying to give people a chance to have THIERS sold, that way they dont have to worry about getting one. I guess we came to the wrong place.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This topic is getting old

I'm tired of hearing people wine about dealers selling for over MSRP. No i'm not a dealer, but I do live in the real world where money talks and if you could sell something for more money YOU would do it too. If dealers were Non-profit orginizations I could respect you whining, but they're trying to make a dollar like you and me.

Personally I love the looks of the EVO VII and would like one, however, the additional $16,000 for brakes, seats, AWD and a turbo is NOT worth it to me. Think about it, you could make a Lancer very nice, very fast and very unique for $16K. The fun for me is doing the work myself.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 11:21 PM

Originally posted by V8killerturbo4
The Fact is no matter what, the EVO VIII will sell. Whether someone comes in with $5,000 or $25000 over sticker. We already have 15 calls a day for people wanting this car, some willing to pay THAT much over sticker just to get there hands on one because they are a real enthusiast. I dont even sell cars, but I am an enthusiast, I have been driving mitsubishi's since the early 80's. All greg was trying to do was get THE REAL enthusiast's a chance to own this car, to have your name first on the list so you didnt have to worry about these other people that have money to burn, and pay 25,000 over sticker before any of us have a chance to buy one.
We dont NEED to post that we are taking deposits, there will be 20 people here waiting to buy this car the day it comes out. We are just trying to give people a chance to have THIERS sold, that way they dont have to worry about getting one. I guess we came to the wrong place.
I'd like to meet the dumbass that pays $25,000 over MSRP for any MItsubishi!!!! even if it had 350hp!!! I have some nice ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to sale him for cheap!!!

When it comes down to it, paying that much money is dumb. For that much money, which comes up to like $55,000, you can get a hell of a lot of car. That's more than the base price of BMW M3 and Corvette ZO6. I don't know about everyone else, but M3 is a much nicer car. The appeal of the Evo is the badass car you get for so little money. Take out the little money part and you just have a car that is slower than other sports car's in it's price range.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Just like many dealers, v8killerturbo4 is just making up stories about people paying 25k over msrp. So full of it

Hey, if there are that many people wanting to buy the cars over msrp, why do you still want people here to buy the cars? You wont have that many cars to sell anyway, so just screw off alright?
We can just go to dealers who have morals and wont rip off customers and there are plenty of them

Go back to your little dealer hole and wait for your 25k over msrp price.
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 01:21 AM

Obviously some cant comprehend my point

I never said that someone was going to pay 25k over MSRP, I was using it as an example. It doesnt matter if they wanted 5k or 25k over MSRP, someone will pay it. We havent asked anyone to buy a car just merely given people the oppurtunity to get a place in line to buy one. If you dont want to reserve yours then kindly move along and hide from the "big bad car salesmen" as you so make us out to be. I havent forced anyone to buy it, all I have done is informed the few of you that are old enough and have enough cash to actually afford not just dream about owning one, that I am currently offering a chance to reserve one. Take this how you want but I am speaking the truth and for those of you who believe me, thanks, and for those of you that don't, Oh well. I guess we will see in Dec. who is right and who isnt.
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RA29
Go back to your little dealer hole and wait for your 25k over msrp price.
I don't wanna agree with this....seeing as I'm a mod and all, and I'm supposed to be nice, but come on now.

If you think the "real enthusiasts" are the one's that are just NOW calling you saying how much they are willing to pay over MSRP, then you've got another thing coming.

You wanna see REAL enthusiasts. Look no further than the mods of this particular board. The one's that have had deposits down since rumors started about 1- 1 1/2 years ago. Hell...I'll be the first to admit that I'm not as hardcore as those guys.

Your "real enthusiasts" are the guys who just recently picked up a SCC, and said..."WOW, there's a fast car, I'll just buy that"

Hooby
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 01:31 AM

sheesh

--Dealers always use availability as a way of pressuring customers. How many times have you heard these from car dealers?:

"This car will be gone by next week. You really need to decide now."

"I've got another guy coming down here in 2 hours to look at this car. If you don't put down a deposit, it'll be gone by the time you get here."

"You'll never get this car for that price. I get 10 calls a day willing to pay MSRP."

Don't buy the line. Dealers like the guy who started this thread are just trying to hype up the EVO in an attempt to increase sales. For the most part when you buy a car, you won't even CONSIDER paying MSRP. If they hype it up, telling stories of $5000 markup... they'll be doing you a 'favor' to sell at MSRP. The instant you fall for this story, you've played right into their hands. If the dealer tells you that the EVO won't be available if you don't put down a deposit, then do yourself a favor and go to a different dealer. I wouldn't worry about it.

-Tiak
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 01:58 AM

Guys... Let's get somethings straight...
All dealers sell cars for profit, the more profit the better...
They are all greedy. *period*
When officially announces the release of EVO 7/8 for the US, which will most likely happen in the near future, I can only imagine
on every dealership's face.
Let's face it... It's a hot car and many people want it. The higher the demand, the higher the price and markup. I don't supposed there's any law governing or prohibiting dealer markups but when more info concerning the release of EVO 7/8 becomes available, we can try writing to as a potential buyers group addressing our concerns.
I want this car but I won't pay over MSRP for obvious reasons. It's just plain stupid to pay over the sticker price. Unfortunately, we can't stop those who will. I think it's our consumers' rights to be able to bargain and to become more aware, smarter buyers.

Attached link to a site I highly recommend for consumer awareness.
Enjoy folks!

www.carbuyingtips.com

www.carbuyingtips.com
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 03:54 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Hooby
Your "real enthusiasts" are the guys who just recently picked up a SCC, and said..."WOW, there's a fast car, I'll just buy that"
So true...

Quick Reply: TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.