Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2002 | 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get a wrx for 24k then get a stage2 kit for 4500......

thats 28,500 ...new ecu, new turbo new exhaust setup new everything and ull have 300+ hp

i dont wanna seem like im bashing the evo ...but i rahter do this in a year or 2 instead of spending 30+ on a evo(if its really that much)
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

Someone end this thread. I cant believe this is going back to how it was 8 months ago. The Evolution will be here, it wont be 37 thousand dollars. just ****ing take your bone, bite on it and relax. Eventually, we will hear information regarding the car. Funny how fiction gets mixed up with fact. NO ONE knows what is going on with the car, even the ones who know the powers that be. The lancer cedia is just some bs rumor, it wont come out. Why would someone change their story from an EVO to a CEDIA? where has it been documented? where has MMSA said anything about the cedia? So what, you hear it from a well known magazine or someone who is a reporter, dont ****ing mean its from MMSA.

I wish everyone would stop *****ing about the fat on the chicken. Relax, use your mind and wait. If you go back and read how gay you all sound(to the ones who are *****ing)...its pathetic.
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 05:20 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by blackevoVII
Someone end this thread. I cant believe this is going back to how it was 8 months ago. The Evolution will be here, it wont be 37 thousand dollars. just ****ing take your bone, bite on it and relax. Eventually, we will hear information regarding the car. Funny how fiction gets mixed up with fact. NO ONE knows what is going on with the car, even the ones who know the powers that be. The lancer cedia is just some bs rumor, it wont come out. Why would someone change their story from an EVO to a CEDIA? where has it been documented? where has MMSA said anything about the cedia? So what, you hear it from a well known magazine or someone who is a reporter, dont ****ing mean its from MMSA.

I wish everyone would stop *****ing about the fat on the chicken. Relax, use your mind and wait. If you go back and read how gay you all sound(to the ones who are *****ing)...its pathetic.
Right on my man! though I won't end it yet...
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

woooot!

They are a bunch of cowards!
The dealers are out of real men!
Go on and run, you dealer bellies!
That made a mess!
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 06:37 AM

Originally posted by Soleman20

When a multi-billion dollar comapny puts out a statement like that, you can take it to the bank. They can't just recant on a promise like that.

Heh, yeah, I'm not saying that guy isnt telling you the truth, but companys make judgments and guesses at what they can do long before the car is in production, and sometimes things just dont work out the way they had planned. Real world example? Spec V sentra. Not quite the "type R" contender it was made out to be eh?
Old Jul 30, 2002 | 06:52 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You wanna see REAL enthusiasts. Look no further than the mods of this particular board. The one's that have had deposits down since rumors started about 1- 1 1/2 years ago.
Thanks Hooby, I've planned to buy an evo since the rumored WRX was schedule to come out in 2001. I really believed Mitsubishi would surprise the public with the Evo 7 right after the rex camed out. I've held back from buying the wrx thanks to its headlights. The move thunderbolt from Jackie Chan really started my love for the evo. That was during 1997-98 and he was driveing an evo III.

get a wrx for 24k then get a stage2 kit for 4500...
I've worked on wrx's. That might be fast for some but other might never see any gains! What i mean is once the computer is pulling timing you hp is lost. And the emission check engine will **** you off. The computer is way smart. It's great for a stocker. I mean you gain 10 wheel hp while driving it hard for lot of miles! Dyno proven by sport compact car mag. They unplug the battery and then -10hp lost. You've been warned*&&^%$.
Subaru's computer = danger. will run all over it if the computer is more willing to mod.

I'm talking pulling timing even with an uni-chip!
Old Jul 31, 2002 | 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

You know, I wanna say something... NO ONE KNOWS! I doubt that we will get anything better than what is called the Lancer Cedia Turbo overseas, but, that just me.

I do have this to say. It's funny I hear all these rumors about the EVO to be the "it" car in the F&F2 when there is a whole article on http://www.hotimportnights.com about the Skyline Blackbird that will be featured as the "it" car. Lewisville- I live in Bedford, and, if you have actual documentation on the cars you will be getting, I'd be glad to drop by and, as an outspoken opponent, be glad to have you disprove my misgivings.
Old Jul 31, 2002 | 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

Subaru's computer = danger. will run all over it if the computer is more willing to mod.
the kit i saw had a all new ecu, which was programmable...

Back on topic, im not reading the rumors forum anymore....im waiting till this sum***** comes out.
Old Aug 13, 2002 | 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

I just love how everyone says that you can "take what a company says to the bank..." LMAO. That's just hilarious. Okay, the release date has changed a few times, the model that is coming over here has changed a few times, it was originally gonna come with all the bells and whistles, then, it's not gonna have the ACD, AYC, and all the other goodies it was, and they are being pretty coy about what all will be offered on the model if/when it comes, as far as Brembos and such goes. So, you wanna tell me how far you can take what Mitsu, or any other large multinational corporation that has little to no need for customer care and repeat business, says to anywhere. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but, really, the naiveity that is present in this forum sometimes is alarming.
Old Aug 13, 2002 | 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

All of the rumors you just mentioned have NEVER been documented by any Mitsubisishi rep.

I've never taken anything listed on this rumor forum as being directly from mistsubishi without documentation or pictures. Sure, there have been guys coming on here from time to time saying that they are from a dealership and that they have the "inside info", but have I ever taken any of that as Mitsubishi directly telling us WILL or WILL NOT be on the car....no...no I haven't.

So I agree....you can take what the company says to the bank, because to tell you the truth...Mitsubishi really hasn't told us a lie yet, it's the guys that think they have the "inside track" that have been lying.

Hooby
Old Aug 13, 2002 | 11:18 AM

B.S.

Sorry...but that is total bull....we have no idea when the Evo is coming and you don't know how many you will get...you shouldn't be misleading these people...
P.S. A floor manager is just a modified name for a salesman that has been on the sales floor too long and never made it up the ladder....not meaning to be a *$&#* here but you shouldn't be taking peoples money yet...we have NO idea what we are getting!!!
Old Aug 13, 2002 | 11:28 AM

Re: B.S.

Originally posted by MitsQueen
Sorry...but that is total bull....we have no idea when the Evo is coming and you don't know how many you will get...you shouldn't be misleading these people...
P.S. A floor manager is just a modified name for a salesman that has been on the sales floor too long and never made it up the ladder....not meaning to be a *$&#* here but you shouldn't be taking peoples money yet...we have NO idea what we are getting!!!
No we dont know alot of things but it seems some people on this sit have shed more lght on the evo 8 then any dealers have been able too.
Old Aug 13, 2002 | 11:35 AM

Well ask away...we are the first to know everything and I won't lie to you and I'm not afraid to ask my reigonal manager...
Old Aug 13, 2002 | 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MitsQueen
Well ask away...we are the first to know everything and I won't lie to you and I'm not afraid to ask my reigonal manager...

regional managers don't necessarily know anything either. My regional AT&T rep said that they'd be buying out Voicestream soon. Chances that he's NOT talking out of his ***: slim to none.

We sales people always try to act like we know everything before it happens, when in all reality...we don't know shiz.

The basic reality is that there are VERY few people that know anything about this car's production. The people who probably know anything: the CEOs, the designers, and the engineers.

Hooby
Old Aug 13, 2002 | 12:41 PM

I am actually agreeing...thats why I was mad that someone was taking deposits on this car.....

Quick Reply: TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.