Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2002 | 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.

I will start by introducing myself, I am Greg Clary and I am the Floor Mgr. at Lewisville Mitsubishi in Lewisville, Tx. We are currently taking deposits on the first shipment of Evo VIIIs. If you would like more info on getting your name of the list to be one of the first to get one give me a call at 972-353-9300 and ask for me and I will take care of you. We just started taking deposits this morning so if you hurry you can be the first on the list!! Dont miss out on this get chance to own a true sports sedan!!! Hurry while supplies last!!!
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 12:19 AM

Lancer Evo VIII? Tell me, what info do you have on this car and how do you know it will be the Evo VIII, as opposed to the VII? As you know, there have been tons of rumors floating around about the US only getting the Lancer Cedia Turbo. Can you FULLY confirm that the states will be getting the VIII? Do you have any documentation that you can post so we can see that all this is true?

EVII
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 12:32 AM

info

The owner of my dealership is on Mitsubishi's National product counsel so he gets to see all of the stuff coming out and he also has confirmed that it will be the EVO VIII. As you know Mitsu hasnt posted and firm specs on it. I will be able to post more exact specs once they become available.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Rumors, Rumors!
You can have my money once I see a true Evolution on the dealer lot.
Bring some facts and not just word of mouth to be more convincing.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 01:14 AM

Letting oppurtunity pass you by!

If you want to wait then more power to you, but dont be surprised when they arrive at the dealerships and there arent anymore available for those of you who decided to wait. I know that there are plenty of people out there who will jump at the chance to buy one while they are still available. Since I have posted I have already had 4 calls and taken one deposit. So, who will be next?? Best of luck to those of you that sit by and let your chances of owning an EVO VIII pass you by!!
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 01:22 AM

Best of luck to those of you that sit by and let your chances of owning an EVO VIII pass you by!!
There is always next year
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 01:32 AM

Go throw your sales pitch somewhere else...
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

How can your dealership get so many cars? All the ones in my area ( Torrance, California : South Bay Area ) said they're only gona have 1, 2 if they're lucky. I just went today the guy said he'll have 1 in November so I'ma go see then if I like it maybe just maybe I can afford it, but if not I can always wait for a used or new one the next year.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 01:57 AM

While everyone is getting ripped a new ******* for falling for a taking deposit routine with almost a 6 - 10k markup in some cases, f* that. Anyone who is eager enough to pay 10k extra above a normal cost that will be available 6 months to a year just to have a faster lancer than everyone else is kind of sick in the head.

I think I will wait until it becomes production in the US, save that extra 6 - 10k or so, plus what I am saving on lower payments, get the evo when released in production, and dump that 10k straight into it's evol ***. And then say, look whose faster know for less....

On a conversion ratio, if I were to spend the same amount on a car as someone who jumped on this a year sooner, I car would shred because I SAVED MORE MONEY....

Anyways, if you can afford it, Y the F* not, either way it wouldn't matter. I guess I am just cost conscientious.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 02:23 AM

Listen guys, I work with Greg at Mitsu. All he is trying to do is help anyone out that may be interested in the EVO VIII. As far as I am concerned, I believe we have the best source of information coming to us from this Dealership considering the owner is part of the design team that built the EVO VIII. Most of you dont know this but the EVO VIII will be featured in the new movie "The Fast and Furious 2" as the main "fast" vehicle everyone has to beat. The reason we know this is the owner of this Dealership arranged this to happen.
We know for sure that there will be more than 4500 EVO's coming to the U.S. the First year, beginning in December 2002. How many EVO's each dealership gets depends on their current lancer sales. There are exactly 593 Mitsubishi Dealerships in the U.S. That means there will be approx. 8 Evo's per Dealership, some more, some less depending on current lancer sales.
The EVO VIII will be making a CONFIRMED 280hp. And yes I have seen the Car. Right now we dont know how many EVO's will follow after that, not even mitsu knows that right now. Unfortunatly, I dont have anything I can scan and show you, all of this is still hush, hush.
All Dealerships will have a markup on the vehicle, that is just something we all will have to deal with, even employee's. The base price for the vehicle will be 28k + markup which is somewhere around 5k.
We are just trying to pass the news to everyone else that may be interested, EVO's will sell themselves, take advantage while you are able to get them.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 02:28 AM
Evolved Member

Weren't the WRX's only producing 5000 at first and now there everywhere and you can get one any time....hmmm i think ill wait for the 2003-4 Clearance and get myself a evo (if i can afford it by then)
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by V8killerturbo4
Listen guys, I work with Greg at Mitsu. All he is trying to do is help anyone out that may be interested in the EVO VIII. As far as I am concerned, I believe we have the best source of information coming to us from this Dealership considering the owner is part of the design team that built the EVO VIII. Most of you dont know this but the EVO VIII will be featured in the new movie "The Fast and Furious 2" as the main "fast" vehicle everyone has to beat. The reason we know this is the owner of this Dealership arranged this to happen.
We know for sure that there will be more than 4500 EVO's coming to the U.S. the First year, beginning in December 2002. How many EVO's each dealership gets depends on their current lancer sales. There are exactly 593 Mitsubishi Dealerships in the U.S. That means there will be approx. 8 Evo's per Dealership, some more, some less depending on current lancer sales.
The EVO VIII will be making a CONFIRMED 280hp. And yes I have seen the Car. Right now we dont know how many EVO's will follow after that, not even mitsu knows that right now. Unfortunatly, I dont have anything I can scan and show you, all of this is still hush, hush.
All Dealerships will have a markup on the vehicle, that is just something we all will have to deal with, even employee's. The base price for the vehicle will be 28k + markup which is somewhere around 5k.
We are just trying to pass the news to everyone else that may be interested, EVO's will sell themselves, take advantage while you are able to get them.
Let me know when one arrives at the dealer lot and I'll be there with my Bank Certify Check and digi. camera.
Hope you understand, I don't like to get my hopes up.

BTW, Subaru said they were suppose to only release 10,000 WRX in the first year, but they ended up selling over 18,000 the first 8months. :-)
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by V8killerturbo4
I'm sure you're trying to just pass on the news, but yer also to trying to recoupe a big fat markup check is what you're trying to do.

Funk that...

The markup, yes people will pay it, but I garauntee they won't be happy in doing it.

Why not just sell it for MSRP, that'll make people A LOT more happy with their purchase. God knows I'm getting mine at MSRP, which will make me the happiest Evo owner on the block.

It's not like you guys aren't raping everyone by selling for MSRP, anyways.

Hooby
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

Its such BS when they sell it at MSRP. I have a friend who is a dealer and he told me the secrets. They make TONS of money off every car class. Its priced in a way that the markup/return is INSANE and when they knock off 2grand for something its all BS. Its all a ploy. They mark it up to 5grand more and then say "I'll take 5 off"...its just a act....my friend who is a dealer for honda told me the deal.
Old Jul 29, 2002 | 03:05 AM

Here-Here

One of the many dances dealerships like to do. They want you to think that they are doing you a favor when in fact, in the end, is where the try to stick it.....

Quick Reply: TAKING DEPOSITS ON EVO VIIIs IN DFW, TX.