Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Put my deposit down today

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put my deposit down today

Well I did it. At Bock Mitsubishi in Mass a $500 refundable deposit for a white 5spd. Price is to be msrp or lower. If I can not get Recaros and Brembo brakes I will not purchase it. Also if I have to pay 37K I will not purchase and possibly look to get a g35c 6spd. Hopefully I do not have to resort to this.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 10:13 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome. The best deal i've hear on this forum. Maybe under MSRP? Congratuation .
Old Aug 6, 2002, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

who you deal with?
Maybe I can buy it with courtesy delivery to CA??
Old Aug 6, 2002, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

You should ask them if you can get it for invoice price, not sure if they will do that becuase invoice is what they buy it from mitsu for... so they would make no profit. you can always try though
Old Aug 6, 2002, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

$1000 under MSRP

How is goin' guys?I'm not sure if You guys remember my post from last year ,but I puted $500 deposit(refundable) plus I got $1000 (only says ISCOUNT,but I dunno what kind)below MSRP .TOTAL(after taxes ,etc.):$29550 and I'm so damn happy
Old Aug 7, 2002, 02:31 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Put my deposit down today

Originally posted by Gs4toEvo7
Well I did it. At Bock Mitsubishi in Mass a $500 refundable deposit for a white 5spd. Price is to be msrp or lower. If I can not get Recaros and Brembo brakes I will not purchase it. Also if I have to pay 37K I will not purchase and possibly look to get a g35c 6spd. Hopefully I do not have to resort to this.
... so what happens if the Evo comes in a 6 spd?? then you're SOL .

thats the deal I have at tyson's corner in VA, except no color was mentioned... what number are you on list? I put down deposit like 2 wks ago, and i'm 8th
Old Aug 10, 2002, 08:44 PM

I think I am like 4th on the list. Its looking like I will be in fact following through with this deal beleiving the latest I hear about the evo 8. The front doesnt bother me that bad. I think we need to see it at different angles to really judge it.

JT-KGY. Yea let me know if yor serious I will ask about you purchasing one from them and shipping it to cali.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Why not buy the car just because of no Recaros or Brembos?

That's obviously something to think about...but it's not anything that can't be changed with a minor amount of $$$ put in.

But why buy an imitation of a Skyline, when you can have the REAL Evo?

The g35's a great car, but I see no reason to go for that instead of the Evo just because of Brembos and Recaros....

Hooby
Old Aug 10, 2002, 10:01 PM

Your right I most likely will get the evo because I think now it will have both. Picture though no recaro,brembo,ayc,acd.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 10:25 PM

I thought everything Mitsubishi's been saying all along, is that they are bringing it here with no watering down (except changes for emissions).
Old Aug 10, 2002, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

actually, from what I hear, the car not having AYC and ACD may not be such a bad thing. Alot of tuners replace those with mechanical differentials for track use. At least thats what I've heard. i wouldn't be so worried if the car didnt have AYC or ACD. I don't think the RS has those anyways, and its practically a race-ready version. I'm gonna be a little pissed if it doesn't have brembos or recaros though...
Old Aug 12, 2002, 11:02 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the car not having AYC and ACD
No water down means no water down. I can't remember which but i think the acd or was it the ayc breaks down often. Mitsubishi is probably worried about warrenty repair for those expensive units. But on the other hand we probably bough a couple of spare one since they are charging us 30k for a lancer. I'm sure the evo 8 has redesign units and since it's going to be a world car. I think they'll make it good with or without it. As long as it improves in performance it's fine by me.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Deposit

I put my deposit down like 2 weeks ago at this dealership that also deals porsches and audi's, it was only $500 and I am 3rd on their list (which is good, because they are expecting 3 or 4 cars), but the best part of it all is that I have a buyers order that says "Cost: no greater than MSRP" signed by the manager.... WHOOOO HOOO I cant wait till dec-jan.... by that time I am going to be pulling my hair out with anticipation
Old Aug 13, 2002, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Gs4toEvo7
Your right I most likely will get the evo because I think now it will have both. Picture though no recaro,brembo,ayc,acd.
I was just discussing why you wouldn't buy it because of the no recaro's, or brembo's. I could see not buying it if it had no AYC, ACD.

Hooby
Old Aug 13, 2002, 04:23 AM

Originally posted by Hooby

I was just discussing why you wouldn't buy it because of the no recaro's, or brembo's. I could see not buying it if it had no AYC, ACD.

Hooby
Well considering I didnt even really know too much about the evo and didnt know that they come standard with recaro's,brembos that was one of the things that really attracted me to the vehicle in the first place.So thats why I have put so much emphasis on that being important to me.

Quick Reply: Put my deposit down today