Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Power window issue

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power window issue

Ok i've done some searching around and wanted to see if I could get some feedback about my problem.

First some information. I had an alarm system and sound system put in my car after I bought it in 2007. The alarm system remote gives me the ability to roll all my windows down if I want. And when I set my alarm it automatically rolls all my windows up. The guy that set everything up mentioned something about my window lock being disabled or something and it wouldn't work anymore. Didn't bother me that much cause I never used it. Everything worked good for about 3 years and then one day my passenger window will not roll down. I can not control the passenger window from the driver side or the passenger side. After all this happened I can only control the driver side window from the driver side. I can not control the back windows. The back windows can be controlled from their respective buttons though. The button on my remote will only roll down the driver side window now as well.

I checked the fuse panel under the dash and did not find any blown fuses so it doesn't appear to be there. I was just wondering if anyone might know or could suggest me somewhere to start to start figuring this out. I don't know if it's a alarm wiring issue, a switch issue, a motor issue or what. I know this guy had to take apart my whole dash and everything else when he did the wiring so actually getting in there and trying to figure everything out is a scary thought.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 15, 2013, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like you may need to take it to a respectable shop and have them check it out.
Old May 15, 2013, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
^^^^

That. You have unique variables that only apply to your vehicle (the alarm installation).
Old May 15, 2013, 07:57 PM

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I'd like to save some money but if that's the only option then I'll have to look into that.
Old May 15, 2013, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
It's the best option. :/
Old May 15, 2013, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Do you happen to have the window lock depressed? Maybe that is what is screwing things up. I never use my window lock button either. Nevertheless, it gets pushed.
Old May 16, 2013, 08:58 AM

I've tried that also just as a precaution. But from my understanding the guy that wired everything may have disconnected the window lock to use the wires for something else or something.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Where in California are you? If you're in or near Orange County, I have a shop I'd recommend.
Old May 17, 2013, 09:52 AM

Unfortunately I'm about an hour south of Sacramento