Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone have any reviews for evo 8 megan racing 70A rear motor mount?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have any reviews for evo 8 megan racing 70A rear motor mount?

http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...=1402&catid=96

I see Megan Racing offers a 70A rear motor mount. Price is not bad and am looking to do something cause I believe mine needs to be replaced. I have been reading about fitment issues about the TS unit and the only other one is an avid. http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...unts_black.htm

The Megan is a slightly lower durometer than avid so that should make it a little easier on the vibrations yet still firming things up. It doesn't seem like a bad price for something a little firmer than stock.

I want something that will replace the whole motor mount, not looking for bushings to press in. I cant find many reviews and wondering what the consensus is on this megan motor mount?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bringing this thread back to life. Anyone with experience on these motor mounts? How do you like it? Have any pictures of it? I like that the durometer is a little bit lower than other aftermarket mounts, but not many people seem to be using these.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont know how much this helps, but I got the front roll stop from Megan im gonna give a try. I have the blox in now with a 90A, so I saw the megan with a 70A hoping to get rid of some of the vibes in my interior.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TBSE
Bringing this thread back to life. Anyone with experience on these motor mounts? How do you like it? Have any pictures of it? I like that the durometer is a little bit lower than other aftermarket mounts, but not many people seem to be using these.

I decided not to go with it. I couldn't find many reviews on it and the few ones weren't all that positive so I stayed away from it. These reviews were for other cars to be fair though, but that's all I could really find so not really apples to apples.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may give it a try, I'll post a review if I get them. I think the price is pretty good and hopefully they fit nicely. I just don't want a car that vibrates like a souped up v8.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Any update on the megan rear mount? I am considering this too.

Thanks!