Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Went to fill up washer fluid and it all ran out...?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2004, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to fill up washer fluid and it all ran out...?

My Evo has 700 mi on it now. I used the front and rear washer/wipers the other day and noticed the wiper fluid idiot light came "on" in the gauge panel. Couldn't possibly be low, I've never even used the washer or intercooler spray....So, I pop the hood and start filling the black plastic reservoir that has pic of square being sprayed by 3 nozzles (I'm assuming it's for the intercooler spray fluid?). After pouring 3/4 gal in there, I step back and see a stream just peeing out from in front of the plastic panel in front of my drivers side front fender well. I'd say it all ran out. There's like a ton of hoses going in and out of the reservoir and I couldn't see down inside it to tell what's going on. I'm wondering if a line has come undone or if the dealership might have put straight water in it during prep and when temps got to -20 degrees, maybe it cracked? Would like to solve the prob myself if possible. Anyone else ever have this prob? Any ideas? Thanks,
Old Feb 20, 2004, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

You can only fill it half way. There is a tube about 1/2 way down the filler that i think acts as a vent. That is for the intercooler. The one for the windows is in the trunk.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

the line that is not connected is the overfill line. it is supposed to leak when you fill too much. don't worry about it..

unless all the water ran out than i would take the entire bottle out and examine it...