Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Three ACD lights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok then if i change oil will it help?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Try to bleed the pump first, then do the ignition test by holding the pedal to the floor and turning the key. See if you can hear the pump.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 04:11 PM

Dont forget to check the fuse on the positive terminal. Took me forever to figure out what happened and glad i didnt fork out for a new pump.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Try to bleed the pump first, then do the ignition test by holding the pedal to the floor and turning the key. See if you can hear the pump.
do you have any instruction how to do that?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by jwdp54
Dont forget to check the fuse on the positive terminal. Took me forever to figure out what happened and glad i didnt fork out for a new pump.
in your case three lights was always on or it lights up when was hot temperature?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ereklep
Stolen from another Evo thread on this:

Fill the reservoir, turn the key to the on position but don't start the car, have some one climb under the car and pull the dirt cap off the bleeder port, put your 10mm brake line wrench on the fitting, with someone else pressing the gas pedal all the way to the floor crack the bleeder port open until the fluid flows without bubbles or interruption or "spurting" tighten the bleeder port before the person lifts there foot off the floor or the reservior runs out of fluid. Replace the dust cap, refill the reservior, install cap and enjoy!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-evo-8-a.html
Old Sep 3, 2013, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An abs problem would cause the system to malfunction because it takes readings from a variety of sources, including abs, wheel speed, steering wheel angle, and stuff like that to apply the best pressure in the center lsd. So if it's getting an error reading from any of them it shuts off and gives you the three lights. Mine came on about 3 years ago during hot days. When it gets below 80 the lights don't come on. It hasn't affected anything. It works well enough in the winter, which is the only time I would need it anyway. Someday when the money tree blooms I'll get it fixed.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 288 Likes on 219 Posts
Originally Posted by ereklep

Simple Pump Test:

when you get 3 lights, stop the car, turn off the engine. Preferably you should do this in a quiet space.. like your garage..

Floor the accelerator and keep it there.

Turn on the ignition.

The pump should start after a few seconds.

If the pump is OK then you should be able to clearly hear that the pump is slowing down, and after between 3-6 secs it should stop.

If the pump is corroded and not producing the pressure, the motor will just work at constant RPM and then stop when the ECU figures out that it is still not producing the pressure...

Pump fluid bleed, for ACD only (doesn't work for the AYC diff).. you can do it yourself...

Open the bleeder on the ACD diff. It is reccomende to put a clear hose on the bleeder so that you can see if there is air in the system.
Floor the accelerator and keep it there.
Turn on the ignition.
The pump should start after a few seconds, and the fluid should gush out from the bleeder...
Repeat untill you have very little air coming out
Check the fluid level in the reservoir as it will go down very very quickly.

Close the bleeder.

P.s. Someone make this procedure a sticky.... writing it over and over again is tiresome..