Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My experience: Lancershop / RHDJapan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience: Lancershop / RHDJapan

Okay, just to get this out in the open, I bought Evo JDM headlights. The site I went with first off was Lancershop.com. From past experience they have been pretty good. Well, I order the JDM lights for $1700 from their site and expect to get them decently fast. Well, I call after about a week and they say oh it'll be the end of the month (like twenty days away from the time). I thought, okay whatever. The end of the month came about and called, they said "oh it will be another month" so I say that sucks but I need them, fine. Needless to say, never showed. Same story next month and then, THEN I waited that last month (three months about it now) and I get a tracking number. The number stayed good for about ten seconds after I got it. Then fedex said it was canceled. Uh okay.. So I call Lancershop yet again. They say "oh, fedex lost it" I laugh and say bull**** but they told me to wait 24 hours while fedex searches into it. I do and call as I was supposed to over fourth eight hours later. They say they're still looking into it. They didn't know I had already called fedex and they said they notified them they never picked up a package with that number PERIOD. Thus, they created the tracking number, blatantly lied and canceled it so I would cancel my order. I then get my refund back after getting charged by PayPal 10% on $1700. WOW PISSED.

RHDJapan... I go to the site, order the lights for $1400. They give me an international shipping number through fedex. I order them on the 26th and get them on the 1st (June 26 - July 1) and they are perfect and in the car.

Moral of the story. The cheaper option with a better company = the better experience.

I'm not entirely knocking Lancershop here as I've placed good orders from them... However, this experience was very unacceptable and was never apologized for. Very disgusted with this experience with them. But I have ALWAYS got very good service from RHDJapan and thus this thread is a huge shout out and thank you to them.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

That's super unprofessional, ill make sure to think twice about lancer shop.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Lancershop seems to have all the hard to find stuff. Pretty much anything that was ever made for an evo is listed in there to get you locked into a sale. Then whether or not they can actually get it... is another storey.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I purchased some lightly used IX JDM lights (with balasts, bulbs and wiring) for about $1200 shipped from Japan itself.

I couldn't believe what people were charging for the housings alone, as they are only $850 for the housings, and under $100 for shipping.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hatesposers
I purchased some lightly used IX JDM lights (with balasts, bulbs and wiring) for about $1200 shipped from Japan itself.

I couldn't believe what people were charging for the housings alone, as they are only $850 for the housings, and under $100 for shipping.
Well, I finally ended up with my JDM housings for $1400 brand new and then around $100 for shipping I think. If the housings are $850 that makes them $1700 new so I'm ahead of the game. $1200 is a great deal though. It is hard to find anyone giving these lights up.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AKW89
Well, I finally ended up with my JDM housings for $1400 brand new and then around $100 for shipping I think. If the housings are $850 that makes them $1700 new so I'm ahead of the game. $1200 is a great deal though. It is hard to find anyone giving these lights up.
No... it's $850 for the pair.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Lancershop is a middleman for every other company.
Never had a negative experience with them but this will make
me think twice before I make a big purchase from them....
Old Jul 2, 2013, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Paypal doesn't charge 10% for getting a refund....
Old Jul 2, 2013, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've used rhd Japan quite a few times. They have been very helpful through emails. Sourced me parts I wanted that weren't on their site. And they have been ultra fast on shipping. Good call on going with them in the end.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AKW89
Okay, just to get this out in the open, I bought Evo JDM headlights. The site I went with first off was Lancershop.com. From past experience they have been pretty good. Well, I order the JDM lights for $1700 from their site and expect to get them decently fast. Well, I call after about a week and they say oh it'll be the end of the month (like twenty days away from the time). I thought, okay whatever. The end of the month came about and called, they said "oh it will be another month" so I say that sucks but I need them, fine. Needless to say, never showed. Same story next month and then, THEN I waited that last month (three months about it now) and I get a tracking number. The number stayed good for about ten seconds after I got it. Then fedex said it was canceled. Uh okay.. So I call Lancershop yet again. They say "oh, fedex lost it" I laugh and say bull**** but they told me to wait 24 hours while fedex searches into it. I do and call as I was supposed to over fourth eight hours later. They say they're still looking into it. They didn't know I had already called fedex and they said they notified them they never picked up a package with that number PERIOD. Thus, they created the tracking number, blatantly lied and canceled it so I would cancel my order. I then get my refund back after getting charged by PayPal 10% on $1700. WOW PISSED.

RHDJapan... I go to the site, order the lights for $1400. They give me an international shipping number through fedex. I order them on the 26th and get them on the 1st (June 26 - July 1) and they are perfect and in the car.

Moral of the story. The cheaper option with a better company = the better experience.

I'm not entirely knocking Lancershop here as I've placed good orders from them... However, this experience was very unacceptable and was never apologized for. Very disgusted with this experience with them. But I have ALWAYS got very good service from RHDJapan and thus this thread is a huge shout out and thank you to them.
You have eased my mind I was just about to place an order with RHD japan for some JDM lights....
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Just to be sure, is the reason why people buy rhd lights because they are painted black housings? Aside from blinding oncoming traffic are there any other benefits?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:59 AM

I've ordered from rhdjapan so many times and always had good experience with them. Even harder to find items like my replacement filters for my ARC air box. If the product is on the site, you can pretty much count on receiving the item in a timely manner. As far as LancerShop....their SHIPPING prices are what usually turn me off. Just the other day I was pricing OEM throw-out bearings. Lancershop was $25.00 shipping. STM was $5 shipping. Unreal
Old Jul 3, 2013, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by markjr11bravo
I've ordered from rhdjapan so many times and always had good experience with them. Even harder to find items like my replacement filters for my ARC air box. If the product is on the site, you can pretty much count on receiving the item in a timely manner. As far as LancerShop....their SHIPPING prices are what usually turn me off. Just the other day I was pricing OEM throw-out bearings. Lancershop was $25.00 shipping. STM was $5 shipping. Unreal

+++1 They shipping prices are pretty high. And the only reason why i bought from Lancershop is because of there OEM selection. But now i go to JNZ tuning for must of my OEM parts. Paul is a great guy and has some good prices for OEM Parts.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A quick search on this forum should let you know to avoid Lancershop. So many folks have posted bad reviews of that place on here it should just be a sticky for the newbs.

As far as oem parts goes, I think STM has the largest selection of oem parts on their site. Their shipping is really fast. I get oem parts at cost from the local mitsu dealer, but I have found it easier to get the correct part, and faster, from STM so thats where I been getting my oem parts from.

Last edited by TommiM; Jul 3, 2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Sadly I havent been a lucky as the OP on shipping. I ordered my lights on July 4th and the order was just confirmed yesterday