Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo II's in NC????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2002, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Evo II's in NC????

Hey kids... I'm here in Hickory, NC, where i've been sent on business, and after the 2nd day of rotting away in hotel room, i went out to find some semblence of soemthign to do (no offence to any Hickorians, everyone here is very friendly, but there is simply not much to do...). anyways, I passa a dealer and notice a red and white, rally looking lancer. I pull up trying not to pee my pants, when i notive it says EVO II on the side in big *** decals. I look around the lot and they have a yellow one and a silver one... but it doesnt have the big spoiler , and thae hood doesnt look right... But then I think, well, I know what a VII looks like, but not so much the II. then I get closer... ITS A DAMN OZ!!! its got black decals of the freakin hood vents, and decals that say EVOII on the sides and back.. I go inot the dealer shaking my head... heres what they say of the real evo:
I spoke to guy who went to las vegas meeting, he says, Evo will be here in jan, 03, its 1st commercial will be in super bowl, they will have b/w 5-8000 evos available, which breaks down to 2.7 evo's per dealer, they will sell at a markup, and the EVO he say in vegas had a sticker price of 36k.. it will be the evoIII, and have 276 hp.

now, just to quntify that statement, I didnt really get the impression they knew much about it at all.. i got a blank stare when I asked about ayc / acd.

in contrast here is the info I got from my local dealer.
One of their guys who went up got to drive it, he was amazed. it will be the EvoIII, no idea on hp, or other major options. it will be available in jan, '03, for just under 30k, at MSRP (I'm 8th on their list, with a fully refundable deposit). commercial on super bowl. thats about it. While I was there I got the brochure for the new diamanted vrx, and it has a front grill opening, conspicuously like that pic thats floating around here, the one that looks like a pontiac front end, so its satrting to seem feasable they'll throw that look into the VII too..
thats all I know for now...
this post is really a way to kill time, here in the Hickry public Library.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you say the salesperson tell you info regarding EVOIII, do you mean the EVO 8? (VIII). Just wanna clarify