Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bought used Evo with JM Fab 02 Dump -- How to replace and with what?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought used Evo with JM Fab 02 Dump -- How to replace and with what?

So I recently purchased my Evo and it has a JM Fabrications O2 housing external dump. It is loud and I am worried about the noise it makes on WOT will attract police. I am curious on what stock part replaces it or how to replace it. Thanks for any help!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just wouldnt do wot pulls on the street if you are worried about it but you can replace it with any other O2 housing that recirculates the waste gate into the exhaust such as the megan racing 02 etc. Its pretty simple to replace. I removed my turbo to get to it and you'll also have to unbolt the down pipe from the O2 housing. You may not have to remove the turbo but I found it much easier to do it that way.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whotippedmycow
So I recently purchased my Evo and it has a JM Fabrications O2 housing external dump. It is loud and I am worried about the noise it makes on WOT will attract police. I am curious on what stock part replaces it or how to replace it. Thanks for any help!
just have someone recirculate it, shouldnt be too much.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

I have a stock one ill sell or one that recirculates the exhaust that is aftermarket but unknown brand. Came on my car when i bought it. Im willing to sell either or both and or trade with you if you want. If its something your intersted in pm me. If not like others said either get a stock o2 housing or aftermarket one that isnt vta. And you will more than likely have to remove the turbo since some of the bottom bolts are hard to get to.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
I just wouldnt do wot pulls on the street if you are worried about it but you can replace it with any other O2 housing that recirculates the waste gate into the exhaust such as the megan racing 02 etc. Its pretty simple to replace. I removed my turbo to get to it and you'll also have to unbolt the down pipe from the O2 housing. You may not have to remove the turbo but I found it much easier to do it that way.
Thank you! I am more worried about going to the Nurburgring this weekend and getting a fine on the track for it and in germany there is many roads to go WOT on
Old Jul 20, 2013, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd swap you my stock unit if you were not so far away.

Holy Crap, I graduated HS there on the base! Have you been to the Casades in Landstuhl, if so is the tree still in the middle of the bar as you spiral down the stairs from the entrance?

Last edited by cwyteboi; Jul 20, 2013 at 03:21 PM.