Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Typical Boost Response/Stock Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricoswave
Thanks, I have not had time to try running it off wastegate pressure alone and bypassing the mbc , but I will give this a shot. Its a hallman mbc, and it was hooked up sharing a vacuum source with the BOV. I do not like this personally, I may change it back to the stock variation.

Jimmy Javelin thanks for being yet another worthless tool who has no clue how my car runs or can grasp the fact that MY CAR IS NOT RUNNING RIGHT. Again, come drive it so you can tell me "there is nothing wrong". Hahaha. Another perfect example of how helpful this forum is

Literally I don't think I will post on this forum anymore. I think I would rather take the car apart bolt by bolt and put it back together in my garage one system at a time rather than deal with some of you clowns.
So.. you take your Evo to one of the biggest and best speciality shops in the world with numerous record setting Evo builds, they tell you your car is fine...
and now I'm the idiot for saying there is nothing wrong with your car?

Let me tell you what you should do since you seem to lack common sense.

1)Sell the car, most prefered method. Car goes to an appreciative and intelligent owner and I never have to see you on this forum again.

2)You take the car to another shop or find someone on this forum who lives in the vicinity of your location so they may diagnose and troubleshoot the issue IN PERSON since you lack time. More than likely they will say driver mod is the issue.

If you choose option 2 please inform me and everyone else of the outcome so I can be sure to berate you, and criticize you for not only wasting everyones time, but also taking up space and oxygen on this planet.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Guys I just got in my car and drove it and its perfectly fine! Man I am such a dip****!

Now that it runs right I'm selling it. Thanks for bringing me back to reality, since I was clearly lost.

Last edited by Ricoswave; Jan 26, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Just wanted to revisit this thread and thank the guys who actually helped me straighten the car out, I am now quite pleased with its boost response
Old Jan 27, 2014, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Great to hear! Can you post some results? I'm dialing mine in right now and would love to have some baselines. Granted I don't have any power mods aside from a drop-in, 14psi actuator, and a 3-port. Stock exhaust, cat, downpipe, LICP and all. With a 10.5 turbo I was around 18.5 at 3500 in 3rd gear. Getting much happier.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

After doing some digging the oem wastegate actuator seemed like a cheap and easy fix and it seems to have done the job. I am seeing full blast 24ish psi by around 4100rpm or so, and the car feels much snappier from 3K to the full boost mark. Took the original one out and swapped it for a used one that I was given for free, and instantly felt a difference. Dialed in the preload as described in countless threads I have read. I have been told that once I go to a turboback the car will spool about 500 rpm sooner, which would net me peak boost quick enough to put a real smile on my face. Glad I was able to get it straight, it was either a suspect WGA or the old one wasn't preloaded right.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Are you logging? I'm getting 19.5psi at 3350, now. Going to see if I can get more without screwing up the rest of my curve.

Yeah, a full exhaust would be super fun. I'm just not sure I want to deal with the noise, yet.

Glad you're getting happy with it! Nice to see success.