Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pics of the EVO 8 in Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2002, 06:50 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good point on the rims.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update EVO GT-A??

Could be the update for the EVO GT-A...
I think you can still make out the intercooler.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

looks to me like it has scoops on the top picture
Old Aug 8, 2002, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Soleman20
The hood vent is just there to cool the engine compartment.

That silver Evo 8 has the scoop on the side of the hood but the yellow one does not.

For some reason that silver Evo 8 pic doesn't look as good as the yellow one. The whole front looks shorter and thinner
Something is up with that pic. It looks too much like a photochopped 7 to me too. Also, look how small the front door is. And the fact that it has the side hood scoop is even more evidence that it is a picture of a 7 when we know the 8 lacks the scoop. True, we can't really see if the yellow pic has the scoop, but I remember someone who was at the Vegas show saying it was not on the 8.
I got the same notion when i saw that picture.. in the vegas shot, the front end looks agressive, and kinda like 2nd gen eclipse. the new shot reminds me of a early 90's taurus front end... it just looks bad. the features on both bumpers match up, but it just doesnt look right. its like someone photochopped from only looking at a bumper, or maybe plans / molds for them? plus, in the vegas shots, the whole profile of the VII looks rounder than the VII, but in the new pic looks precisly like the VII with a new front end, boxier than the vegas shots seem. finally, the front door is definitely too short (it could be the seam of the magazine).

I really hope it doesnt look like that, it just looks strange, not at all what i expected from looking at the vegas shots, and not as nice as the VII.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by MaxR; Sep 23, 2006 at 02:31 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

after a closer look, i'm 100% sure thats not the exact bumper form the vegas picture, and im like 85% sure its a photochop. The asian version bumpr looks shallower than the vegas one, and the bottom vanes that separate the main air intake from the side ones are angled opposite ways on the different pictures (vegas version slopes inot the centerline of the car, whereas the asian one slopes away from the centerline, plus the shadows aren't completely consistent on the front end, and the shadow lines are too straight and transitioned on the bottom (us )driver side.
Old Aug 9, 2002, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

common 20,000 views!!!!!
Old Aug 9, 2002, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Very impressive view count, Boosted :applause: My threads blow.
Old Aug 9, 2002, 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

haha, i saw a red Pontiac Vibe suv from a distance and the front grill and lights totally resemble the Evo8 spy pics!

I think the new Pontiac Vibe is a nice looking car but it wouldnt work well on the Evo. Hey, they are still rumors for now anyway
Old Aug 9, 2002, 05:26 AM

photoshopped

--You can tell the thing is photoshopped. Just look at how the front wheel doesn't fit under the fender. If you turned the wheel, the damn thing would be scraping like crazy.

-Tiak
Old Aug 9, 2002, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

well these pics are a pretty reliable rumor seeing how its from the mitsu conferance
Old Aug 9, 2002, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Guack007
first off hooby I too have a deposit and have the right to say that compard to the evo vii or 6 it looks very un- EVO and very PONTIAC. I post my true opinions in hope of change for the final production (if . is even reading these posts). Regardless of what the final car does look like however, as long as 99.9% of the performance is ther ill probly just learn to fall in love with the car like i love the new WRX.
That's fine....say what you want...I'm not gonna stop you. I was jst saying that perhaps it wasn't the most kosher of ideas. After seeing post after post of people saying the car looks nasty, or that it looks like a Pontiac...one begins to wonder about his/her purchase.

Just saying that perhaps people could be A) a little more tactful B) More aware of other people's feelings concerning their purchase.

I do think that you obviously have the right to post your opinion regarding the Evo, and I understand your intention behind it, but also understand where I'm coming from on this specific issue.

Thank you atlvalet for your appology...it is MUCH appreciated.

Hooby
Old Aug 9, 2002, 07:56 AM

go to www.lancerevoclub.com for more pictures of the evolution vIII,i couldnt post them in here cuz theyre too big,in the site after the stupid intro click when it says hsitory of the evo and click on the vIII and see from fakes to prototypes
Old Aug 9, 2002, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Talking Now this is what im talking about

Thnx for the 411 on the evo pics Albert. I am hoping that this is going to be the EVO8 and not the non evo looking(ahhem ahhem,hideous) round one at las vegas. Notice the use of very distinct sharp body lines that are what give the evo its aggressive look.
http://www.lancerevoclub.com/EVOVIII/Evo8_01.jpg
Old Aug 9, 2002, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

That is a 7. It's an artist's sketch of what the 8 will look like. I think what you see in the Vegas picture is what we will get. You don't have to buy it if you don't like it.

Quick Reply: Pics of the EVO 8 in Las Vegas