Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another no start thread...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another no start thread...

I've got an 03 Evo 8. Just bought the car and found a mess of wiring harness for some cheap alarm system and pulled it out without any trouble. Car is mostly stock with a 3 inch turbo back exhaust, some after market turbo head pipe, bov, innovate wideband, an extremely ghetto batter relocation. While pulling out the harness for the alarm system we found a wire that kept the fuel pump running whenever the key was on. I've been hearing these cars have a high/low voltage setup for the fuel pump. Low for cruising and high for anything from light loads to wot. Anyway a come days after pulling the harness out the car just died on me while driving. Figured it was a fuel pump so I replaced the Aeromotive with a Walbro 255. The car didn't start. Cranked over great and everything. After about the third try it started up and ran fine until I got it home, and died as I pulled in. Seemed like a loss of fuel again. After screwing around with connectors under the hood and dash it started up again and ran great all week. Then the same thing happened again today. I'm completely lost on this. No CELs. Checked every Damn fuse I could. Right now I'm starting to think someone jumped all the relays and basically just remote wired the ignition to the fuel pump to fix my same situation. I'd do the same again but I can't figure out which ****ing wire it is and I'd prefer not to overrun the stock fpr. I'm just looking for some input. Thanks guys.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 02:32 PM

Anyone? I have power to the fuel pump and I know it's kicking on now I also tried a brand new camshaft position sensor. I'm wondering if it is the Immobilizer? I've got a light that randomly flashes that's green with a key in the center of it. From what I'm hearing they are supposed to be disabled when someone installs an alarm system, but after tearing the harness out it'd be back on correct? The ignition lock cylinder doesn't seem to be in the greatest shape. It's a ***** to get my key in and out of it and half the time the car won't turn over when you turn it to the start position, unless you press in with the key.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would take it to an electrician before you whole investment gets lost. Not careful enough and you investment may go up in smoke.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 07:17 PM

Eh I'm not to worried about it going up in smoke. I've tried unhooking the turbo timer and all the wiring is back how it should be. Pulled the ecu to see if it was fried inside, but it looked fine. I did come to the conclusion I'm not getting spark. Why I'm not I do not know.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 08:14 PM
puk

I would take it in. I just had to have my car looked over, all my gauges stopped working. Small problem wanted to make sure it was done right.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 08:02 PM

I'd love to take it in, but the closest dealer is about 120 miles away... I've got signal to injectors, coils, maf, tps, and everything else that should let the car start.