Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ACD/AYC Relay-Fuse location . Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ACD/AYC Relay-Fuse location . Help Needed!

Hello guys,
I've been searching for its location for ages now, and hope that the lovely folk on this forum will help me finally finding it!

I cant hear it running while pressing accelerator with ignition on ... it was running fine , just 3 lights came on the motorway, and never worked since... was perfect before...

Some said its somewhere close to the battery- i took a picture, could anyone mark it up on my pic?
Where is the Relay/fuse that gives the power to our wonderfull ACD system??

Name:  20130903_182548_zps60289cdb.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  994.5 KB

Would be very greatfull! And if it will sort my problem out will be happiest evo owner in UK

Kind regards!
Dimitry
Old Sep 4, 2013, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

For us Americans it's supposedly here (red arrow), but I don't know cause I haven't
had to mess with the ACD, thank goodness. Sorry I couldn't be more help..

Last edited by cwyteboi; Sep 4, 2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 287 Likes on 219 Posts
the fuse is on the positive battery terminal..

another cause of your problem could be a broken pressure sensor on the pump

Also check the wires in the kick panel by the driver and co driver's feet.. .check for corroded connectors
Old Sep 5, 2013, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
the fuse is on the positive battery terminal..

another cause of your problem could be a broken pressure sensor on the pump

Also check the wires in the kick panel by the driver and co driver's feet.. .check for corroded connectors
Thanks guys!! Great answers!!!
Where exactly on the positive battery terminal, cant see any fuses there...
How is that pressure sensor checked? Is it still a diy job to replace it? Or its a massive thing that needs the pump out etc (where is the pump itself then??)

Which wires I should exactly check there? I heard of this problem, but not sure were and how to start

Otherwise-HUGE thanks guys!!! This will start me off with something... hope I can comeback one day and say-sorted with the help of the forum, not garage )
Old Sep 5, 2013, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 287 Likes on 219 Posts
the fuses are on the positive battery connector.. under those clear plastic covers..

as for the wires.. in the driver and passenger footwells... left and right, there is a big plastic corner element covering the sill... take it off and you will see a couple of connectors, on each side... check them for corrosion..

as for the pressure connector.. that one is not easy to check.. the pump on EU and UK and JDM cars is behind the rear left wheel..
Old Feb 5, 2014, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kikiturbo
the fuses are on the positive battery connector.. under those clear plastic covers..

as for the wires.. in the driver and passenger footwells... left and right, there is a big plastic corner element covering the sill... take it off and you will see a couple of connectors, on each side... check them for corrosion..

as for the pressure connector.. that one is not easy to check.. the pump on EU and UK and JDM cars is behind the rear left wheel..
which one is it on the positive terminal? there are two plastic covers, and i am only seeing one fuse on the right side when you're looking at it. is there supposed to be a fuse on both sides? and which one is for the ACP pump?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you don't see a metal bar underneath one of the plastic covers, the fues has popped and you will need to replace the whole connector.