Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bottomed Out My EVO :\

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo Illest I don't know why these *****z keep hatin on yo name kid! In fact I think yo whip and yo name is hella sick my *****z! These playa haterz is just plain ol haten! Punk as$ biatches.... Fashizzle my nizzle...
Old Sep 8, 2013, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the ACD reservoir. You leaking fluids? Puddles on the ground? Dipstick low? The ACD lights reset when the car is turned off and will light up all three after a minute or two if something is wrong.

I doubt you would have bottomed out and damaged the pump. You probably damaged the diff. Dont assume things will just go away. Jack it up and take pix.

Where in SJ are you located?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
from a stop accelerate hard... if the light come on immediately i'm lost... if they don't then raise your car with a jack and figure out which wheel speed sensor got cut... if their are no oil spots on the ground you're car is fine... you can drive without acd without causing any issues...

as for the low oil pressure that is normal on occasions... as long as it isn't zero cold or while rev'd
Old Sep 9, 2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
take it to a shop
Originally Posted by AceCampano
are you hellaflush?
Originally Posted by teameditevo08
Jack up the car and take a look at the damage
Originally Posted by bdonIX
Check the ACD reservoir. You leaking fluids? Puddles on the ground? Dipstick low? The ACD lights reset when the car is turned off and will light up all three after a minute or two if something is wrong.

I doubt you would have bottomed out and damaged the pump. You probably damaged the diff. Dont assume things will just go away. Jack it up and take pix.

Where in SJ are you located?
Originally Posted by joseph143
from a stop accelerate hard... if the light come on immediately i'm lost... if they don't then raise your car with a jack and figure out which wheel speed sensor got cut... if their are no oil spots on the ground you're car is fine... you can drive without acd without causing any issues...

as for the low oil pressure that is normal on occasions... as long as it isn't zero cold or while rev'd
drove it around the block last night and the PSI stayed at about 20 which is normal to my understanding, as far as the acd lights go, none turned on. still have to jack it up though to be sure.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Though I do question how you would drive the car after a hard enough hit to even consider oil pan damage, the truth is this forum is full of know it all better than you ________________, who would much rather bash you than help you at any given time. If you didn't bash anything up under there and you don't see any fluid you might be ok. With any luck the noise you heard was plastic. Good luck.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would def take it to a REPUTABLE evo shop and have them make sure the oil pan didn't get damaged. If its in good shape then I doubt your oil pick up is screwed. Either way for peace of mind I would have someone who knows what they are doing (not claims to know what they are doing) take a look.

As for the harshness. This forum has been split into people who are strictly into performance, people who like aesthetics and looks and people who only modify their cars for looks. The hellaflush crowd falls into this. And you are going to get flamed like hell anywhere outside of the show and shine section. Damage incurred to your car because it has the wrong wheels on or is lowered past the point it make sense will get met with the responses you got here.

Not saying its right, but that is the just the fact of the matter.

Your screen name, coupled with how you described the problem, coupled with your admission that the car was probably too low is going to get you some pretty harsh comments. Again not right, but fact of life.

Good luck and for the love of god pay a little now to make sure you aren't making things worse instead of being stranded on the road with a bigger bill then you can handle.

Good luck.,

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Sep 12, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

There's plenty of shops in the bay area, if not dealers. I wouldn't be driving it around IF you think something is wrong.! Best of luck.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
jack up the car and check if the pan is dented, driving around a lowered car can get old really quickly i'd raise it up if i was you.

Also check the chasis rails as thats what most likely causes the sparks i doubt you would have smashed up the ACD as that would have made a HELL of a noise
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:43 AM

Any news?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 04:13 AM

You say you not slammed but if you bottomed the car out hard enough to slam something underneath the car, you're pretty slammed. My car is about as low as I can go without rolling my fenders and I've never bottomed out on anything except my front bumper on inclines
Old Sep 12, 2013, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

i don't know why people gotta be negative Evo owners are supposed to be chill... the people hatin on your Evo there evo probably look like everyone elses b/c they want to keep the "Evo Code" to each their own bro.... but for really get it up on alift... take a look at it take pics post them.. we are all here for support... well most of us
Old Sep 12, 2013, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jvalisxxx
You say you not slammed but if you bottomed the car out hard enough to slam something underneath the car, you're pretty slammed. My car is about as low as I can go without rolling my fenders and I've never bottomed out on anything except my front bumper on inclines
I hate when the bumper hits the inclines!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:42 AM

No hate from me, I love the stance/lowered car scene. Just stating what seemed to be obvious. really though have you accessed the damage? if any
Old Sep 12, 2013, 06:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
Has the OP lifted the car up and checked it out yet?

Last edited by Terror Rising; Sep 12, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

and this is why I believe in Karma.

I was going to explain this, but yet again, smurf beat me too it. I swear he hunts for threads like this.

Thank you all for the entertainment this morning.

Good luck to the OP and getting your car back up an running. Any update?

...paragraphs bro....paragraphs...

Quick Reply: Bottomed Out My EVO :\