Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Impounded, Worst Night Ever

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP, how old are you?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the point is and sorry to be that maybe I sound like a jerk he called you out on it and made business for his junkyard buddies. gotta slow it down a bit you sdure he didn't have scanners on the car where i t can tell you anything about the plates without having to type it in manually.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Craig King
OP, how old are you?
I'd like to know this also, just want to see if cops target certain age group
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:11 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

My God that's a disaster. I feel sorry for you and I hope everything gets sorted out dude. That cops sounds like a proper dick too.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
maybe cop is a mother that night but bro expired license...
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That really sucks! Hope it all works out for you!
Old Sep 29, 2013, 06:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
That sounds like a **** show for sure. You've got to make sure not to give cops a reason to pull you over, especially in a car like an Evo. You also need to learn how to spot cop car headlights in the rear view mirror. Good luck with fixing the new dents.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 07:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 372 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally Posted by evoIXcencal83
Take off your wing and things like this won't happen. Don't put stickers or hang tow hooks and toys on your bumper. Don't attract attention by looking like a ricer. Taking my wing of was the best thing ive done to my evo.
Can't agree more on the wing. I'm also going to get evo 7 taillights at some point.

Also to the OP, Its always a good idea that when you get pulled over you roll all of your windows down and leave your hands on the wheel. It puts the officer at ease that you aren't going to shoot him or have anything to hid. Just stay cool and be apologetic .
I'd also look at it like this, It could have been worse. I've seen people go to jail over Aggressive/careless driving/fast lane changes. Now, the charge may or may not hold up in court but a night in jail is never forgotten.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sucks but you just reminded me to pay my tabs and get my emissions done. Lol
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:46 PM

I would fight the exhaust ticket and fix it ticket..butt if Jew go to court wear a suit and tie..
Old Sep 30, 2013, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by g35-365
I would fight the exhaust ticket and fix it ticket..butt if Jew go to court wear a suit and tie..

How did you know he was Jewish?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Craig King
How did you know he was Jewish?
I don't quite get this either....

But yea, I was as cooperative as I could really be, didn't argue, told him he could search the car if it made him feel better and he still failed to show any sense of professionalism. I've been pulled over before and also been in cars when others have been pulled over and regardless of whether or not someone was guilty the officer was always respectful and professional. I think his behavior/comments/laughter during the stop os what really gets me more so than him actually towing the car.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 05:08 AM

wall of text, did not read.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06ebevo
wall of text, did not read.
Thanks for your valuable input. I hope you're the next to get pulled over.

Anyway... From the sounds of it you were just unlucky and got the jerk cop. I have dealt with both ends of the spectrum. As others have said, just make sure you do not give them reason to pull you over, and if you do just be as apologetic and sorry as possible. Even if they are pulling you over for a stupid reason it is the best route to take to avoid getting a ticket.

Seems like a horrible situation. Good luck with everything.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks real bad man. Sorry to hear it. I'm sure all of us, even the ones that say or think you were driving like an ***, have been in a similar situation. The statie is just doing his job by stopping you. How he proceeds with the stop is something entirely different. As for your registration, you usually have till the 15th of the following month to get inspected and re-registered, at least in most states you do, I'm not 100% sure in Mass. The tail lights should be easy to fight, and I agree with you about the exhaust, no meter, it's gonna be his word against yours. Unfortunately, he is a state trooper and you aren't. But you were very cooperative according to your post and that should go a long way. Hope it all works out for you. As for the dents coming out of the impound yard, your insurance, depending on who and what type of coverage you have, should pay for it, but you will eat the deductible and increase in premium.

Quick Reply: Evo Impounded, Worst Night Ever