Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help P0135

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Help P0135

hey guys so i started my car and drove home and after about 2 min i got a p0135 code for oxygen sensor heater bank 1 sensor 1..... what is this code? i didnt really let the car warm up i just started it and went to drive. car runs normal nothing funky AFR is normal everything? where is this sensor located? and what can i do?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 05:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How many miles?

Should be an easy one, upstream o2 sensor going bad,

once it worsens it should negatively affect the a/f ratios / long term it will clog the cat.

- Phil
Old Oct 2, 2013, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
P0135 will never worsen because of that code, it is simply saying the heater circuit is open (infinite resistance).
This will cause your front sensor readings (right after the turbo) to be very slightly less accurate for the first 60 seconds or so after you start the car cold, as the sensor has to heat up from exhaust rather than its internal heater.

Change it, but don't fear it. This code alone can not cause any fueling problems to speak of or catalyst damage etc. The heaters are an add on emission system that we went 25 years without and there was no pandemonium. Further, this code is absolutely NO indication that any other fault is going to occur in the sensor. Any such occurrence would be purely coincidental. Change it, but don't fear it.

Denso First Time Fit sensors are nearly identical to Mitsubishi sensors are are roughly 60% cheaper typically.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by superbovine
P0135 will never worsen because of that code, it is simply saying the heater circuit is open (infinite resistance).
This will cause your front sensor readings (right after the turbo) to be very slightly less accurate for the first 60 seconds or so after you start the car cold, as the sensor has to heat up from exhaust rather than its internal heater.

Change it, but don't fear it. This code alone can not cause any fueling problems to speak of or catalyst damage etc. The heaters are an add on emission system that we went 25 years without and there was no pandemonium. Further, this code is absolutely NO indication that any other fault is going to occur in the sensor. Any such occurrence would be purely coincidental. Change it, but don't fear it.

Denso First Time Fit sensors are nearly identical to Mitsubishi sensors are are roughly 60% cheaper typically.

Thank you very much got almost the same answer from my old buddy who is a mechanic. The car has 83k so I guess it's time to replace :/ haha
Old Oct 2, 2013, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts