Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Squash Performance Double Pumper -- Freeking Amazing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 07:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBoz
So far the system is working amazing. I am still waiting to get some dyno time. I will post up some before and after fuel pressure logs once I have completed my tune, and have a graph to back it all up.

But so far could not be more happy with this unit.
Oh man no dyno? You expected that to happen, right? Just kidding
Old Nov 6, 2013, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

So far the system is working amazing. I am still waiting to get some dyno time. I will post up some before and after fuel pressure logs once I have completed my tune, and have a graph to back it all up.

But so far could not be more happy with this unit.
How low on fuel have you run your tank so far? Also did you have to dent the tank to get the pumps in?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by droppinbottom
How low on fuel have you run your tank so far? Also did you have to dent the tank to get the pumps in?
To the low level light. Dent the tank? Umm nope just dropped it in.

I am setting up my car on full flex fuel right now, so I am doing some 91oct tuning, getting my baseline and then working on the blending. After I have all that sorted out, off to the dyno. See what this car will make on 91oct, and then in kill mode on e85. The cool part about the AEM Infinity is that it will raise my boost as my blend of E85 changes. So I can have it at 18psi for 91oct, and 42psi for e85. It is really cool. I am also going to add in an additional 12 position switch, so that I can have a full 3d boost target map based on Fuel Blend and Position Switch. This way I when I road race I just set everything to position 1, and it will be low boost.

Last edited by TheBoz; Nov 6, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

To the low level light. Dent the tank? Umm nope just dropped it in.

I am setting up my car on full flex fuel right now, so I am doing some 91oct tuning, getting my baseline and then working on the blending. After I have all that sorted out, off to the dyno. See what this car will make on 91oct, and then in kill mode on e85. The cool part about the AEM Infinity is that it will raise my boost as my blend of E85 changes. So I can have it at 18psi for 91oct, and 42psi for e85. It is really cool. I am also going to add in an additional 12 position switch, so that I can have a full 3d boost target map based on Fuel Blend and Position Switch. This way I when I road race I just set everything to position 1, and it will be low boost.
Interesting. They must of revised things since I purchased mine. Mine was too long to just drop into the tank. My siphon also did not work properly and would not pull fuel from the other side of the tank.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Interesting. They must of revised things since I purchased mine. Mine was too long to just drop into the tank. My siphon also did not work properly and would not pull fuel from the other side of the tank.

So you're saying the Squash DP doesn't fit or work? I have been looking around for feedback on them, and was actually going to pull the trigger until I read this.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by masonh
So you're saying the Squash DP doesn't fit or work? I have been looking around for feedback on them, and was actually going to pull the trigger until I read this.
I have the same setup as the OP with twin walbro 267s and it is just a drop in piece, I have no idea what dropinbottom is talking about. The whole hanger is nicely designed and everything works well. The quality of the wiring and connectors is top notch and even comes with high amperage wire if you buy the wiring kit. All of the connectors, terminals, breakers, and wiring are all high grade pieces.

Originally I was gonna buy one with twin 255 Walbros which was even overkill for my setup, Andy suggested going with the bigger pumps anyway. I came across a BNIB one with the Walbro 267s in it and took the leap.
The whole thing installs easily and works great and is really quiet!

I have emailed back and forth with Andy (Squash Performance) and he was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice! Make one for the X?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1QYK9
Very nice! Make one for the X?
Large:
http://www.squashperformance.com/EVO...arge_p_46.html
Small:
http://www.squashperformance.com/EVO...mall_p_43.html

Old Nov 11, 2013, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the buschur double pumper and lets just say I wish I had known about the squash dp at the time, not only does it look professional I doubt it leaks from its fittings. I had to send my dp back to buschur after installing it becasue it leaked at the cnc fittings base. Not only that but all of the down time in between and the extra install. It was a big hassle luckily they fixed it for free and paid for the shipping, but to this day every time i remove the fuel pump cover i see the top of the base is SLIGHTLY wet...not enough to make a mess but enough for concern I just dont want to pull it again. Yes it is functional
Old Nov 12, 2013, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

My bet is they revised a few things. My pump hanger was ordered back in July and came with the E-85 pumps assembled. I never actually touched the pumps myself as I am overseas. Mrfred took some measurements of the assembled unit when it arrived at my house. I emailed squashperformance and andy assured me that it would fit. I then had English Racing install it when they did my motor build. They confirmed that it didn't fit. They also had issues with running out of fuel when on the dyno. It was determined that the siphon was not pulling fuel from the other side of the tank. ER modified the pump hanger and made it work. Once I got back stateside I spoke with Andy and he admitted that my kit might not of fit properly. He said he was not aware of the siphon issue. In the end this setup was too expensive in my opinion to of had these issues.

Two questions I have for the guys saying theirs fit and works fine.

When did you order yours?
What power level are you at?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by droppinbottom
My bet is they revised a few things. My pump hanger was ordered back in July and came with the E-85 pumps assembled. I never actually touched the pumps myself as I am overseas. Mrfred took some measurements of the assembled unit when it arrived at my house. I emailed squashperformance and andy assured me that it would fit. I then had English Racing install it when they did my motor build. They confirmed that it didn't fit. They also had issues with running out of fuel when on the dyno. It was determined that the siphon was not pulling fuel from the other side of the tank. ER modified the pump hanger and made it work. Once I got back stateside I spoke with Andy and he admitted that my kit might not of fit properly. He said he was not aware of the siphon issue. In the end this setup was too expensive in my opinion to of had these issues.

Two questions I have for the guys saying theirs fit and works fine.

When did you order yours?
What power level are you at?
I hear you but I would assume your unit was one of the first ones. As long as Andy was helpful and forthcoming about helping fix the issue and get it right I don't see an issue. I know I isn't fun when you are that person but there are always some growing pains. Just my $. 02......

I should be around 500whp and I picked mine up off another member, I believe it was originally purchased 6-8 months ago.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by michaelrc51
I hear you but I would assume your unit was one of the first ones. As long as Andy was helpful and forthcoming about helping fix the issue and get it right I don't see an issue. I know I isn't fun when you are that person but there are always some growing pains. Just my $. 02......

I should be around 500whp and I picked mine up off another member, I believe it was originally purchased 6-8 months ago.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Sadly it ended up costing me about a extra 1k do iron our all the issues. Andy offered to let me send it back to them so they could inspect it but I don't have the time with me only being home for 2 weeks every 3 months. I would assume that all the R&D should of been done before I purchased my unit unless they told me that there could be issues in which case I would understand better but sadly all the communication I had with Andy before purchase and after purchase up till the time of actual install had Andy telling me that it would fit just fine blah blah blah.

In regards to the siphon issue. Andy mentioned that for my power levels I may need to drill out the siphon hole on his pump to enlarge it so more fuel can flow through. To me this is another issue of not enough R&D being performed before a product is offered up for sale.

I would be interested to hear a few others making high horsepower to chime in on this issue because the siphon issue may only come to light at higher horsepower levels and when your tank is getting lower on fuel.

I hope Andy took some of my points I made with him over the phone to do some design changes to he unit because I do agree that it is a nice unit and has great potential.

The only other things I would change is I would let each pump feed its own outlet and then Y the lines together about 6" after they come out of the hanger and I would not use my pumps to make the siphon work which in turn limits some of the pumps ability to supply fuel as we all know a high hp car needs to have as much fuel capacity out of each pump as possible.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

I have the buschur double pumper and lets just say I wish I had known about the squash dp at the time

me too.

I might just buy one anyway. I sent an e-mail to Squash this morning asking if I could get one with a Wally 255 and a Wally 455, so I don't have to be idling and lugging around town on a 455. I feel like it would just be too much and pull too much amperage and heat the fuel up unnecessarily.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by masonh
me too.

I might just buy one anyway. I sent an e-mail to Squash this morning asking if I could get one with a Wally 255 and a Wally 455, so I don't have to be idling and lugging around town on a 455. I feel like it would just be too much and pull too much amperage and heat the fuel up unnecessarily.
thats a very good idea so you still will not have to use a aftermarket fpr but have enough fuel for well over 800whp
Old Nov 12, 2013, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

I actually have an aftermarket FPR, but yes and I still wouldn't want that big Wally for idling and cruising, and I bought that Fuel Lab mini regulator when I bought the kit, and I really don't know if it works as well as the big ones for large volume and hi pressure or not. I originally had Startlite -6an feed line, but went to -8an Goodridge 910 recently.

Anyone looking for a fuel line to replace their factory hardline, I highly recommend the Goodridge 910 hose. Burst pressure of 4,000+psi and working pressure is over 1000psi. It has a true .500" ID smooth bore PTFE liner that is corrugated on the outside and sheathed in that Kevlar/Aramid type stuff. Bend radius is right at an inch also, so you can twist it and turn it however you want really. It is equal to or better than the SS braided hose in every category, but it isn't SS braided. Can't stand the SS hose.

Bad news is it's close to $20/foot for the -8an, but you won't have to replace like Startlite for weeping or Push-Lock for drying up and getting crusty.

Quick Reply: Squash Performance Double Pumper -- Freeking Amazing