Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX April Motor Trend*scanned*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boring.

Please Mitsubishi, show a little inspiration! At least give the EVO outrageously flared fenders and menacing headlights. Bring back the EVO V's big fog lamps if you have to. Just don't make the EVO look anything like a Civic.

IMHO here's what real headlights look like:

Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

that drawing looks exactly like the ralliart lancer now..hmm
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks ok to me. It doesn't look any uglier than the Evo Vlll.
Who knows what it's really going to look like when it comes out. I remember when the Vlll was first introduced and all the hate that it received, what happened to that?...
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

I already seen the new EVO.

Expect the headlights to look like the new ralliart.

http://www.CarPhoto.net
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

No you have not, Im calling BS on this one. To make a "bold" prediction like the new Evo sharing silimar headlights with the rest of the Lnacer line is stating the obvious. Trust me, very few on this board are impressed with lies.

More to the point, forget if the IX looks better or worse than the current car. Just the fact that Mitsu is deciding to carry on with the Evo during a time of financial nightmares for the company is a good sign. Appreciate every Evo we get, because always lurking around the corner is the decision making of Diamler Chrysler to make the Evo appeal to more ofthe masses, in other words toning it down and giving it a V-6. (This has been noted before)
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

mitsubishi is loosing site of the orginal evo design, they are tying to much to caiter to there us automotive styling, They need to get rid of those nasting headlights and redesign the whole front end, mabye some built in fog lights, that thing looks way to much like a ralliart.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

holy crap im glad i got an evo 8. I think the 8 is the sexiest of them all. The evo 9 looks like crap. Mitsu is really getting cheap man. With the evo9 the owners cant say their car isnt a supped up lancer cuz it looks EXACTLY like the ralliart 04 lancer with the exception of the hood and wing. Everything else is straight up lancer style. Thats whack.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:03 PM

That car is SWEAT! That would look nice next to the VIII in the garage.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Are you guys hearing yourselves? The Evo has always looked like the Lancer it was based off of. I mean the VII looked very much like the Cedia it was based off of, and the VIII wasnt much different except the nose.

Whats the difference if it looks like a Ralliart, the Evo is about performance and not looks right? Hey, if it looks alot like the Ralliart you have even more of a sleeper on your hands.

I just find it funny how when the VIII was released, people were cursing Mitsu and saying how ugly it was compared to the VII, etc. Yet most of them bought it. Now a new design change, and more complaints. Its not like it was a monumental change to the car. Were talking a front fascia and headlights. Im sure the car will look fine in person, much like the Ralliart. (People denounced the Ralliart when the press photos were released, but many people came around after seeing it in person...)
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

281 HP? Already there and then some.

Every time talk of a redesign of a current model car comes out, current owners feel threatened and are defensive and critique its design. Then when they hit the streets, most warm up to the new looks. It's too early to know for sure. hell, we don't even know if the Evo will continue to be sold here after '04.

With the huge aftermarket for our Evos and bodykits, I'm sure everyone will find what they want. I'm putting too much into the 8 right now that i have no intention of losing my money invested into modding and depreciation for a new bodystyle. The 8 will go down as the first U.S. Evo and is the real deal. Who know how they will water down the next gen especially with EPA standards changing. Look what happened to the muscle cars of the '70s.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

i think it looks pretty nice, I'll be excited to see what it looks like when they unveil a prototype
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

only like: is the projector inside the headlamps ,i don't see any agressive flairs and the wing is the same i do like the wing still but i like the way how every evo generation has a different wing.
my 2 cents.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think the headlights will be a bit more different than the ralliarts... after all, our evo headlights are different from the lancer's. but, that drawing's not bad. just looks kind of alike an altima.... but it could be worse. i think if the lines are that angular and sharp, and not as blunted as they are now, it'll look pretty nice in person.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Motor Trend previews 2006 EVO IX

Sorry, double post of prior info. Funny, I searched first too. Good to see the EVO has a future in the US.

Last edited by Dale_K; Feb 26, 2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=67185

you are just a minute late