Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Potential Evo Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Potential Evo Owner Questions

Hey everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the spot, but anyway I'm looking to buy a evo 9 or 8. I'm going to look at one today and its a evo 9 se with 99k miles for $16.5 Is this reasonable?

I included the CL post he also told me he installed an OEM style three port boost solenoid and walbro fuel pump.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4054165995.html

I come from the muscle car na world so I'm still new to turbos. What questions should I ask or just stay clear?

Thanks
David
Old Oct 6, 2013, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

The price seems kind of low to me, did you look up the kbb value? Try to defintely get a car fax on it. These cars usually go for alot more than what he is asking.

Ask him if he has documentation on all the maintenance. What kind of fluids he's been using in the drivetrain, evo transmissions are pretty finnicky as well as the transfer case. Who tuned the car, ask if he has any documentation on that as well. What brand clutch he used for replacement.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:01 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Watch out for 419 scams on cars for sale on Craigslist that appear to be just too good of a deal. That's how they hook you.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:16 AM

The Carfax is fine. Everything matches up. says recall for ecu reflash but thatd screw up the tune right?

And kbb for the car in excellent condition is 17,250 and 16,700 for very good.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

hey im from mass and if your really interested in buying it talk to the seller and bring it too kaizen tuning or dyno tech tuning there evo shops which ever shops closer too you. Have them do a boost leak test have them look the hole car over you dont want somebody else problem
Old Oct 6, 2013, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Also if you talk to dynotech tunning they sometimes they sell cars

Last edited by JaYr_EvO9; Oct 6, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 06:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a evo for sale at the shop now, and another in the next week or two. We sell a lot of evos so you can get really great deals here
Old Oct 6, 2013, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^
Old Oct 7, 2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by JaYr_EvO9
hey im from mass and if your really interested in buying it talk to the seller and bring it too kaizen tuning or dyno tech tuning there evo shops which ever shops closer too you. Have them do a boost leak test have them look the hole car over you dont want somebody else problem
Originally Posted by JaYr_EvO9
Also if you talk to dynotech tunning they sometimes they sell cars
Awesome Thanks

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
I have a evo for sale at the shop now, and another in the next week or two. We sell a lot of evos so you can get really great deals here
Wow I guys arent too far from me. I'm in the new bedford area. How much would it cost to test and check the car out for me? And do you ever get evos in the $16,000 and less range?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 07:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, all the time, this one is less than 16k. Im just waiting on a battery for it then its ready to test drive. The old PC680 crapped out so its getting something better. Real nice daily driver, modded with the stock turbo, and its ready for a turbo upgrade with all supporting mods. We wouldn't sell it if it was not running well. Shoot me an email with your info I can call you when it is ready

brian@dynotechtuning.com
Old Oct 7, 2013, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a friend just let me know my car that's listed for sale was posted here.

About the price, I had it listed higher for quite a while, but I got no bites and hardly any interest. It wasn't until I listed to where it is now that I've had anybody even come look at the car. I'd like to think the market for Evos was better up here in the northeast, but I found out first hand it wasn't. <belichick> It is what it is. </belichick>

About the fluids, I use all OEM. Just had Dynotech change them all out two weeks back.

The car was tuned by Junior, when he still worked at The Shop.

Anyway, Dave it was nice meeting you yesterday, good luck in finding an Evo!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by illbill
I had a friend just let me know my car that's listed for sale was posted here.

About the price, I had it listed higher for quite a while, but I got no bites and hardly any interest. It wasn't until I listed to where it is now that I've had anybody even come look at the car. I'd like to think the market for Evos was better up here in the northeast, but I found out first hand it wasn't. <belichick> It is what it is. </belichick>

About the fluids, I use all OEM. Just had Dynotech change them all out two weeks back.

The car was tuned by Junior, when he still worked at The Shop.

Anyway, Dave it was nice meeting you yesterday, good luck in finding an Evo!
Hey Shawn I hope u don't take me posting ur car the wrong way. Like I said yesterday I don't know much about evos. Ur car is beautiful and its at the top of my list right now. I just wanted to get more info. Ill text u later today when I get back from seeing that other evo today.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:53 AM

If it's too good to be true it probably is. I just sold my Evo 9 MR SE for 25k
Old Oct 7, 2013, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
There's nothing wrong looking with this car. Assuming it's mechanically sound, the asking price is 1-2k below what I'd expect it to be for the miles and it's basically stock
Old Oct 9, 2013, 04:54 AM

little updat for you guys. The car looked really nice with normal wear and tear. the car is going to dynotech to get the downpipe checked out(its rubbing) and their also going to do a commpression test, boost test and look over the rest of the car for me.

Just wanted to thank all u guys for the help and Brian at dynotech.

Looks like I might have a evo soon if everything works out

Quick Reply: Potential Evo Owner Questions