Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

after market seats , discuss , add

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
after market seats , discuss , add

I have been researching seats for days. The evo 1 seat with tracks is 42 lbs. good place to shave some weight with after market seats. but not looking to sacrifice comfort. tons of ebay seats that might fit my needs for a temporary seat till i can find what I really want . but next to impossible to find acurate weighs for them. (all are drop shipped)

seats that I found that might work:
corbeau A4 = 26lbs (great feedback)
OMP comfort = 26lbs (impossible to find)
sparco r100= 27lbs

not sure I can live with buckets:
sparco roadster 15.5lbs (have some in yellow car)
sparco chrono sport 17lbs (cool looking)
recaro pole position 15.5 lbs (pricey but owners say compfy)
ebay sickspeed (pole position knock off) 13lbs.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'd say hold out for the seats you really want and just call it a day. pole positions to me are very comfortable and seem to compliment the lines of your evo 1. will your car have a full interior?

Terrence
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

yes 100% street car. but on a mission to make the car light without ruining the car.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I have used the Corbeau CR1 in my EVO 8 MR They are 27 lbs. They are available in a wide version as well as the std version.

Comfort is close to on a par with the Recaros. The seat bottom is a little thinner so a bit more vibration bounces. I used them for 4 years as a DD before going back to the Stock Evo 9 seats ( black ) to customize my 8MR interior.

You can pick your colours from the Corbeau website

One nice thing is the seat back adjustment is an infinite lever, not the crappy knob on the recaros that is hard to adjust. Pull adjust and let it lock. :-)

Bolsters are subject to deteriorate on the drivers side ( from sliding into the seat ) as is the cover. Fortunately Corbeau sells these things as replacements.

Using the sliders, the seating is a lower than the stock position ~ 2 inches

I would recommend them :-)

Regards,

Milburn

PS i have family in Odessa just north of Tampa. When i come down next I'll give you a shout and come visit.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WRC-LVR
I have used the Corbeau CR1 in my EVO 8 MR They are 27 lbs. They are available in a wide version as well as the std version.

Comfort is close to on a par with the Recaros. The seat bottom is a little thinner so a bit more vibration bounces. I used them for 4 years as a DD before going back to the Stock Evo 9 seats ( black ) to customize my 8MR interior.

You can pick your colours from the Corbeau website

One nice thing is the seat back adjustment is an infinite lever, not the crappy knob on the recaros that is hard to adjust. Pull adjust and let it lock. :-)

Bolsters are subject to deteriorate on the drivers side ( from sliding into the seat ) as is the cover. Fortunately Corbeau sells these things as replacements.

Using the sliders, the seating is a lower than the stock position ~ 2 inches

I would recommend them :-)

Regards,

Milburn

PS i have family in Odessa just north of Tampa. When i come down next I'll give you a shout and come visit.
Excellent feedback I am looking for. do you know if the 27lbs included slider weight? i gues you had cloth version? I am thinking of springing for the suade. enthusiasts welcome at my place anytime!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

some exotic cars came with stupid nice seats. but ridiculously expensive as well. sparco supplied chronos in carbon:
http://www.lambopower.com/forum/inde...howtopic=45063
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought about the "temp" seat as well while I was looking. I have a hard time trusting myself in a no brand ebay seat. I've seen the internal skeleton of some of those cheap seats and there isn't much there. A cheap one I saw at a car show that had a strong looking internal structure yet are still cheap were the one's from cipher auto. I kind of like the E-8 one and weight is about 28lbs. Looks similar to the evo 7 seats I want minus the color isn't the same.

after market seats , discuss , add-cipher-evo-7-seat.jpg

Still can't get myself to buy any cheap seats. I've been in a roll over before and didn't like it much. Then there is the fine print on all those cheap seats...... not responsible, Buyers responsibility to abide by US crash ratings, blah blah basically hey our seats won't hold up very well in a crash. Your on your own.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...d_Kevlar/17594

expensive but really light
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:38 PM

Love the carbon bride seats
Old Nov 17, 2013, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I weighed my Gias 2s with the bride brackets and they weighed 31lbs each.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2slow4now
I thought about the "temp" seat as well while I was looking. I have a hard time trusting myself in a no brand ebay seat. I've seen the internal skeleton of some of those cheap seats and there isn't much there. A cheap one I saw at a car show that had a strong looking internal structure yet are still cheap were the one's from cipher auto. I kind of like the E-8 one and weight is about 28lbs. Looks similar to the evo 7 seats I want minus the color isn't the same.

Attachment 215374

Still can't get myself to buy any cheap seats. I've been in a roll over before and didn't like it much. Then there is the fine print on all those cheap seats...... not responsible, Buyers responsibility to abide by US crash ratings, blah blah basically hey our seats won't hold up very well in a crash. Your on your own.
that seat looks really, really nice. and the black with grey insert matches evo1 back seat. where did you find the weight of them? and did that weight include sliders?

http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/8...pher-E-8-Seats

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Nov 17, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Excellent feedback I am looking for. do you know if the 27lbs included slider weight? i gues you had cloth version? I am thinking of springing for the suade. enthusiasts welcome at my place anytime!
Yes I had the blue cloth version. i dont think the 27 lbs includes the slider. Add 5 lbs for those IIRC
Old Nov 17, 2013, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Yes the micro suede black / grey would look nice IMHO. You wont slip on it either.

I prefer to stick with reputable manufacturers for something as vital as a racing seat.

I used these seats with Corbeau 16.1 SFI rated 3 inch 5 point harnesses twist lock style. Very firmly locked in. Seats do have a submarine port in the center front of the seat cushion ( optional IIRC when i got them )

milburn

Never seen an EVO I up close and personal. Just may take you up on that..maybe down there at Xmas time. Respects to you for your mechanical knowledge and experience on the EVO series
Old Nov 17, 2013, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackgsx01
I saw those. found them for 3k shipped for a pair. very tempting actually. pinnacle of weight savings. and they look like they may be comfortable too.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

I saw those. found them for 3k shipped for a pair. very tempting actually. pinnacle of weight savings. and they look like they may be comfortable too.

Yea if only I had that kind of extra cash

Quick Reply: after market seats , discuss , add