Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boostin Performance gets two thumbs up

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boostin Performance gets two thumbs up

I have been having trouble with my Evo ix since I installed a new turbo and injectors. I had to do something because no one local could fix the issues I was having. I had visited BP several times when in the area for work and talked to Kristin several times on the phone. I decided to drive the 5 hours to Boostin Performance to see if they could help. Boy, am I glad I did.

I got there at 8:00 AM and was met by Kristin. I had mentioned to her that it needed some work. They took my car around back to put it in the shop and gave it an inspection. They have a nice clean shop, nice waiting area, and a very nice Dyno setup. About a half hour later, Devin came out and briefed me on what he found. Fortunately, most of my problems stemmed form my previous tune and a couple of mechanical issues.

They hooked it up to their dyno and Devin went to work. He is an excellent, very knowledgeable tuner and mechanic. His typical tune may only require 1 - 2 hours of his time. My problems made the tune much more challenging and required almost three hours of Devin's time. During the three hours he discovered several other things wrong with the car and fixed them on the spot. He was able to take my poorly tuned Evo and turn it into a smooth, powerful, no knock machine. With my BBK Full, he made 410 awhp and 344 tq on his mustang dyno. He did not stop there. The car still had an issue with the idle, not related to the tune, but difficult to pin point. He suggested replacing my modded DV valve with one he had in the shop. That helped significantly.

I do not know of other shops that will spend this much time on your car when brought in for a simple tune. I felt the company went far and beyond to help me get my car running to my satisfaction. Everyone was very professional, knowledgeable and was very comfortable with all aspects of the Evo. I was very confident that they would fix my car correctly. I can not recommend this shop enough to other Evo owners. It was worth every minute of my 10 hour round trip drive.

Last edited by jfvhpilot; Nov 26, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: additional info
Old Nov 26, 2013, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you're satisfied. I had a shop do almost the same thing with my VIII and for that I have no problems driving two hours there, definitely worth the drive for a good shop IMO
Old Nov 26, 2013, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

+1 for Boostin And Devin, had them tune my car and its amazing, love the tune and the shop. Always a quick response and great customer service.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 07:30 PM

i bought a set of used cams from them, havent installed them yet but the transaction was smooth. They seem like really good guys
Old Dec 2, 2013, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us with the rest of the EvoM community. We're glad that we could help take care of your issues and get your Evo running the way she should!

I'm sure the drive home was a blast!!

Enjoy and we look forward to seeing you again come spring time.