Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why people lie when they sell there evo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unfortunately as these cars are getting cheaper to acquire, they're falling into the hands of people who don't show them the attention they deserve. They aren't Honda's people!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i mean i see alot of kids 18-21 in the cars and they think there cool cuz mom and daddy bought it for them and it bothers me cuz there gonna miss treat....and im here with cash in hand ready to buy one cash money and i cant find one in decent shape
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If youn want a pretty clean car I am thinking about selling a 2006 ix mr in graphite grey that I am the original owner of. It has about 72k on the on the odometer. I had an 03' one of the first derived to the Chigago area and traded for the ix mr. Car currently only has bolt-ons like intercooler, fuel pump, 680 injectors, fuel rail, Hks DLI, new Exedy organic clutch which I had installed at Ams when they changed all the fluids last fall. Stock clutch was fine but have allot of new never installed parts like Fp Green, cams etc. Never got around to installing and reflashing the car. I also have a set of Team Dynamic gloss black 17x9 rims with Bridgestone Pole Position S4's 255/40/17. Looks super aggressive.

Last edited by jspecEVO; Nov 28, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's a shame but you can still find clean ones, they're getting harder to find but they're still out there. Try broadening your search radius.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Igaly1021
i mean i see alot of kids 18-21 in the cars and they think there cool cuz mom and daddy bought it for them and it bothers me cuz there gonna miss treat....and im here with cash in hand ready to buy one cash money and i cant find one in decent shape
So true, this is why I personally view every car before purchase, and with the business i am in my word is my bond between me and my customers. When we just started doing JDM imports we got a few cars that when we saw them we literally had to return customers deposits sell that car as is for cheaper and try and source another for them. My 2nd DC2 ITR that i still currently have was stripped down to the shell and almost 75% of all the parts needed i personally had to send to Japan for. Even the carpets were torn to the point where you could literally see the floor board. Both my RHD EVO's now were purchased from real EVO lovers, one from a Doctor who only drove it 3500 miles in 4 years and the MR from a woman that rarely drives over 60MPH, she just loves sports cars. My EK9 i bought it from a gentleman whose son died in a car crash and he had it sitting in a garage for years. Sometimes good deals do come up but you have to Hunt like crazy to get them...
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Evos are merging into the good ol' DSM market.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:51 PM

This Is the GSR With some Minor Upgrades The MR is in the Back, Look in my garage for more pics...
Attached Thumbnails why people lie when they sell there evo?-img-20131003-00023.jpg  
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSMdynamic
Unfortunately as these cars are getting cheaper to acquire, they're falling into the hands of people who don't show them the attention they deserve. They aren't Honda's people!
This
Old Nov 28, 2013, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Evo's are ment to get beat the F*** up and then you sell it and give the headache to someone else right before it blows up
Old Nov 28, 2013, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This happened to me when I bought my RS a year ago. Damn seller was full of ****! "The car has never been opened/tuned zero issue" bull****
Old Nov 28, 2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jsayers
Went to look at one with a friend. The guy claimed it had a good respray ran good and checked out perfect. Drove 8 hours to see it, the car barley idled because it was untuned with cams, paint looked like it was rattle canned, over spray and chips everywhere. Transfer case whined louder than the exhaust, 3rd grinded. Tried to convert from power to manual windows... But just had the knob sticking out so you couldn't even roll them up or down! Lol Its like come on man be honest if we are driving several hours to look at your car.
I remember this trip. Complete bs. Easily the worst condition Evo I've ever seen
Old Nov 28, 2013, 05:56 PM

fyi I beat the living **** out of my evo as does every other owner. however, i do maintenance when it should be done and I take no short cuts.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Igaly1021
Well its a good thing I changed my mind on selling my evo. Its an o3 evo8 and last year I was going through some life changing events, boy glad to get over it! This car is a blast to drive, I still have the old school Green and love it. I have meet a bunch of evo owners who had 400hp to 900hp evos and somehow got into some life changing events and got rid of it. Man never going to get rid of it and taking my time on my build, good luck finding one man, just be very careful who you buy your evo from.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:59 PM

Like buying any other car, it helps to get some sense of the seller beforehand. Guess it's sort of hard to describe, but just basic things like how well they take pictures or document maintenance/modifications goes a long way in my book. Takes patience to find sellers who put the extra effort into the small things.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got completely ripped off with my evo. dood crashed it twice and didnt say anything. since we were in germany there was no way to verify anything through carfax, because the german insurance companies dont report to carfax. i found out from friends who were stationed in the same place as him. he lied about more than half of the parts list too, when i got under the car the next day to change the fluids i found the exhaust was not the one listed, the intercooler was oem, and after the engine swap the clutch was not an act. dood was a piece of ****. when i got jag lawyers involved he actually admitted he was going to fraud whoever bought the car. the only thing that sucked was i was leaving for the states the following week after he admitted what he had done, otherwise i could have gone to the polizei and he would have been arrested. and this was a "fellow" soldier.

anyway, since i financed the car i was stuck with it, so i went ahead and did things to that evo she truly deserved, and now she is a 600+ awhp monster, somehting she never would have been with that dood. he kept saying how he knew so much about carsand tuning, dood couldnt tune a radio.

if i hadnt been medicated the day i went to pick it up, i would have checked her out thoroughly and not bought her.

Quick Reply: why people lie when they sell there evo?