Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why people lie when they sell there evo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2013, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Evo's are ment to get beat the F*** up and then you sell it and give the headache to someone else right before it blows up
Lol, note to self: never buy evo from sharkbite
Old Nov 29, 2013, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 4bangn
Lol, note to self: never buy evo from sharkbite
The guy that brought my sharkbite Evo blew up the car in about a week!

He had to do a complete rebuild from top to bottom.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 05:08 AM

some people just suck
Old Nov 29, 2013, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got 36 miles out of mine before PTV contact......LOL. Not blaming it on the previous owner, but maybe the idiot who put the motor together.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by jsayers
Went to look at one with a friend. The guy claimed it had a good respray ran good and checked out perfect. Drove 8 hours to see it, the car barley idled because it was untuned with cams, paint looked like it was rattle canned, over spray and chips everywhere. Transfer case whined louder than the exhaust, 3rd grinded. Tried to convert from power to manual windows... But just had the knob sticking out so you couldn't even roll them up or down! Lol Its like come on man be honest if we are driving several hours to look at your car.
By chance, was it an 03 tb evo 8 resprayed white? lol
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Assume any used Evo has been modified and driven hard. Even if it looks unmolested and the owner says its never been driven hard.

There are honest sellers out there but if you are buying an evo you need to set aside about 2000-3000 for stuff that "may" come up (clutch, transfercase, major engine repair......well it won't pay for everything unless you do the work yourself but it will pay for a good chunk of it).

And yes there are people that jumping in from other car "cultures" realizing that getting alot of horsepower for cheap doesn't mean its cheap to fix when something goes wrong because you half assed it. And when they find out what the actual cost is of something they can't get knock off parts or ebay parts for, they patch it up and sell it before they have to shell out the cash after taking all of their cheap parts off and sell it as a "clean, unmodified" car.

If i ever sell my car my automotive history has been well documented on here so I would tell the potential owner to join this forum and look my posts up. I really dont drive my car all that hard but thats because Raleigh doesn't play when it comes to speeding and I'm always worried of breaking something else.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by laosevo
Yes it was, you know of the car?
Old Nov 29, 2013, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

I bought a modded car and knew what I was getting myself into. What do you expect? I opted to buy it because it's an Evo ix with 20k on it. But it has a tbe, cams, Springs, retainers, turbo timer, you can see where gauges and ebc were mounted. ****ty rattle can Painted rims. But you know what? All I bought was a grimmspeed boost solenoid, 1050 fic, and a Walbro 255. After reflash I'm putting down about 300/300 with stock Intercooler, uicp,licp, and waste gate. I think the car probably had a bt build earlier in its life and the owner took off the expensive parts. Car runs fine now.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry double post

Last edited by Sheasta; Nov 29, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 08:23 PM

People are like that everywhere. Dont buy a car from Brooklyn sketchy people and Philly area as well. Same behavior.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by laosevo
Yes!!! In Arkansas, do you know of it or is it yours
Old Nov 30, 2013, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

They lie so that you buy their car... /endthread
Old Nov 30, 2013, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

This is so funny because i guess we all knew about this game after we have been used. I was told that i was getting a built Evo 8 with:

Selling my clean title 03 evo apex silver 98k miles. Spent 20k on this car making it how i wanted but now i can't afford to drive it with my driving record
or else i would keep it.
Car has SSL leather seats and door panels$1000, interior is in good condition. CORRECT The exterior is all stock besides the white bbs mr wheels$1000 CORRECT
with 75% tires FALSEand tien drop springs with good struts CORRECT , car handles amazing. Car has a built motor with less then 10k on it FALSE. Car was never built.
It has eagle rods and Wiesco pistons with gsc s2 cams built by apexFALSE. nothing was done. The rear diff plates were rearranged for better handlingi have no idea what this is.
All aluminum cnc drive shaft bushing and shifter bushings$100CORRECT. It has a fp green turbo $1000,custom mainfold by awdmotorsports$600, toxic fab o2 dump$500, k&n filter, full ams intercooler and piping$600, full turbo back exhaust no cats just muffler sounds really good$500ALL THAT WAS CORRECT. Cars has a lot more just to much to list.
Just spent 2k on the clutch and timing serviceCORRECT. Car has a brand new stage 4 sprung comp clutch with 1/2 mile driven on since installed. brand new STM clutch fork stop.
All fluids changed to oil, trans , tcase and rear diff all new fluidsWAS NOT SURE.. Full timing belt and water pump serviced at same time used all new oem parts.
The car is originally from Florida and I never drove it during winter so it's never seen snow. I basically drove the car only on weekends and nice days.
Car is always garage kept and detailed after driven.
car is on stock injectors and stock map. with bigger injectors and a tune this car is capable of making around 450hp and running 11's all day FALSE. car made 335 after replacing injector, and other little things..

I work and go to school so don't waste my time.
Asking $14,500 that's what kbb says without the upgrades.
No lowballing I'm open to all reasonable cash offers.
Got clean title in hand. I PAID 12K over a year ago
Old Nov 30, 2013, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by bratz_729
Yes it was, you know of the car?
I see it rolling around town every now and then haha..
Old Nov 30, 2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by jsayers
Yes!!! In Arkansas, do you know of it or is it yours
Nah I drive a red 9.. Yeah I know of it, heard he's been trying to get rid of it for awhile now..

Quick Reply: why people lie when they sell there evo?