Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why people lie when they sell there evo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laosevo
Nah I drive a red 9.. Yeah I know of it, heard he's been trying to get rid of it for awhile now..
Well if you hear anyone wanting it please steer them away. It's a joke
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:53 AM

You pretty much know its a lie if you see 'never raced, adult owned, new tires' in any car post on the Bay Area craigslist.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

If you want clean evo, you will have to pay decent price for it. I bet op offers $14K for $25K car and says I got cash in hand. I ****ing hate how people want to pay pennies on a dollar these days.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 06:40 PM

I recently purchased an evo 8 in Texas with 40000 miles and a little more than a few mods for $24000. Unfortunately I knew absolutely nothing about acd pump issues or transfer case whine, had to learn the hard way.three months and $8000 later I had to by a new rear differential and purchased a stage 2 tcase rebuild from Shep. Now I have to send my pump off to acd tuning for a rebuild, hopefully the motors not shot otherwise that's another $2000. Moral of the story, do your homework and know the car your buying. I've had the worst case scenario with the acd system on this car, I love it and couldn't see myself in anything else, but the owner before me drove this car hard and put it away wet so now I have to clean up the mess. Hope this helps any new evo buyers like myself. Sorry for the rant just felt I had to share my story.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by kpsoerensen
You pretty much know its a lie if you see 'never raced, adult owned, new tires' in any car post on the Bay Area craigslist.
Hahaha, that's on every evo post in the Bay Area.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:26 PM

Ive learned to always assume that the car has been driven like its the end of the world.
Abused to the fullest extent.

The only time I will ever buy a car via private party, is when they have proof of receipts. It makes me feel a LITTLE better when making a large purchase.

It sure does bother me when a sports car says "never red-lined, never pushed, never raced, etc."
Too many lies out there just wanting to make a buck and dont care about screwing someone else over.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No one want to pay anything these days. I used post stuff for sale for a decent price and it would gone in hours. Now I basically have to sell something for nothing in order to even get any interest.

Thats why I have been stock piling parts. I would rather some of the items collect dust then sell it for what these low ballers are asking for.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Igaly1021
"oh its never been raced, no mods at all"
hard to believe maybe; but my car is 10 years old now,
it has never been raced or seen hard launches, at all!
But I do have a few bolt ons
Old Dec 5, 2013, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

And the morons that lie make it bad for you because I would never believe you. Fact is more Evo owners are dishonest about the true history of a car (Yes omitting info is still dishonest) especially if they are trying to get out of it before they have to fix something that they know is wrong and costs a lot of money
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lexus01IS
If you want clean evo, you will have to pay decent price for it. I bet op offers $14K for $25K car and says I got cash in hand. I ****ing hate how people want to pay pennies on a dollar these days.
Lol, I saw the OP post a thread saying if a IX for 14k was a good deal.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
And the morons that lie make it bad for you because I would never believe you. Fact is more Evo owners are dishonest about the true history of a car (Yes omitting info is still dishonest) especially if they are trying to get out of it before they have to fix something that they know is wrong and costs a lot of money

I understand that would be hard to prove, but in my case is easy.. I think? lol

once you see it, drive it, feel it, even smell the interiors, 23k on the clock, mint condition in and out, you can tell it has never been abused.

or just ask any of the locals if they have ever seen my car/ or face at a track, street races, or even race shops. never!

Im 45 now but I left the racing scene in 2001. Is just not my hobby anymore and I enjoy the car as it is., and by the way... Im not selling it

over 5 or 6 years since the last time I did a mod to this car, just regular bolt ons (fiter, ic pipes, mbc, tbe no cat, street tune, coil overs and wheels)

Old Dec 5, 2013, 09:42 PM

Show me someone who does not have to make excuses to sell a fast car and ill show you someone who does not have to sell there car period....
Old Dec 5, 2013, 09:46 PM

I totally understand why people do this, but yeah it totally sucks. I'm going to be selling my Integra GSR not too long from now and I know it has had a few "fender-benders" and has affected the aesthetics enough to make it look kind of trashy in my eyes. The engine and all other internals are great, it's just aesthetics. But I'd never lie about any of it.

Has anyone had any problems regarding this through EvoM?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
No one want to pay anything these days. I used post stuff for sale for a decent price and it would gone in hours. Now I basically have to sell something for nothing in order to even get any interest.

Thats why I have been stock piling parts. I would rather some of the items collect dust then sell it for what these low ballers are asking for.
But ridiculing low ballers is so much fun!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

If it wasn't maddeningly annoying. The whole "well I can get it for x amount here" conversation or contacting me with half the asking price........I instantly want to curse you out for wasting both of our times.

I'm not rolling up to a Ferrari dealership trying to make a deal with half the cash for a car to see if they'll go for it.

Quick Reply: why people lie when they sell there evo?