Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why people lie when they sell there evo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i live in NYC, i recently bought a g35x for my dad. i have been in to the car world for a while. what i have noticed is the # of dishonest sellers has increased by a lot. Most i have noticed are regular people who have migrated in to the used car sale business (may be due to the economy or some other factor). they buy f'ed up cars from auctions and try to resell it. the high performance car industry has changed too. more and more "normal" cars are being turned in to tuner cars, with the movies and loud exhausts it invokes desire to go fast... so people mod beyond their means = badly modded evo's , sti, hondas etc. so just like in marriage "buyer be aware"
Old Dec 8, 2013, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a10495
yup there are some of us.. i agree with you I am 18 and i can truthfully put money where my mouth is and say i've never modified my car, BUT i've had spirited drives that gave it that push once in a while to make it release the umph it was built for!
This is basically me as well. I don't plan on doing many mods once I get mine (if any at all) but I see the car as already fun as is. Yay for spirited drives!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by roB18n
This is basically me as well. I don't plan on doing many mods once I get mine (if any at all) but I see the car as already fun as is. Yay for spirited drives!
definitely man! yeah it's already fast enough for me! i don't even track so i don't see the point of modding for more HP if i can't gas it. unless it came like that from the factory say a lexus LFA or nissan GTR thennnn i'll consider adding some stuff
Old Dec 13, 2013, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
People people. Seller please be honest about the evo you are selling. Carma will come back and bite u in the azz!!!! Lol
If there is something minor or major , just let the buyer know! If he really like your car then he will buy it no matter what.
I bought my 2003 evo with a rebuilt tittle and i didnt regret a bit!!! Best decision i make in my life. I love my car then and still love my car now. I drove it daily and run it hard sometimes when people try me.
But most of all, buyer please dont whine!!! You will get what you PAY for. If u gonna spend $12,000 or below then dont expect it to be nice, a $18000 to $24000 evo would be in a range where the car is most decent. But you dont have to buy anything if you look at the car and dont like it. Justmove on to the next car.
I know alot of my fellow evo have put alot of time an money into their evos to make it look great and run its best. Remember, EVOs are not cheap to own. So with that being said, dont buy it if u cant afford to maintain it. Such as tune, clutch , brakes, an alot of oil change. I change my oil every other weeks, YES i did say every 2 weeks. The oil get black really quick!!! I forgot, for those that didnt own a evo yet, the oil get black really quick!!!!
But again, you will know when the car is just right for you. I bought mine the first time i saw it. But thats before i have look at maybe 10-15 other cars.

But i quarrantee you, if u ever drive a good evo then u would never drive any front or rear wheel car again. The launch on this car is just unbelievable. With my 564hp/466tq mustang dyno, my car will pull like crazy at the light.

Anyway, like i say again--- if u look at a car u dont like, no body put a gun at your head and tell u to buy it!!!!!😫🔫
There is still alot of very nice great looking and run very good out there, you just have to look for it!!!!

Thats goes to every kind of car you wanted to buy too.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by egis
So you guys buying evos,putting some performance parts,getting it tuned and all this is for what?just to be proud to say in here that you never raced it or launched it?what is the purpose then to drive an evo?prolly I'm getting old lol.
LOL. I tell you I notice a difference in the way I treat my car now then the VIII I had in 2007. Now I have other bills to pay, one child with another due in January, a wife, house, etc....33 years old.

Sure, I am modding it. I am going to do full bolt ons and a tune....but not for the purpose of racing. I refuse to launch this car....I just want a bit more pull in 2nd and 3rd.

To the OP...same reason we get people advertising parts on any forum that are mint when they are beat up when you get them.......some people are dishonest and out to make a buck. Sad but true..... IF I ever sell mine, I would have no issues with someone taking it to a mechanic.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

i know most return to stock because people low ball the asking price with all the goods that come with the car cause they are broke honda kids that want to join the big leagues, but dont have the funds. so most people part out the build to make the most money. common sense really, but lying and saying its never been modiied is a different story. also these cars are starting to get handed down and passed around and will soon (hopefully not) become the new dsm.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Too late. They already have. The only good thing is those of us that still care about our cars can still make the car look and perform like it did when it was the new hotness.

People who aren't ready for Evo ownership washout eventually.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 03:07 PM

buying from dealer > private
Old Dec 17, 2013, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ntown
buying from dealer > private

I just want you to know, I am posting for the fist time since I joined in 2009, just to laugh at your comment. I hope you were being sarcastic. Unless you meant buying a new one from the dealer.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 07:48 AM

I just purchased my first Evo and it took a few months of searching. Finally found an owner who I knew, trusted and was 100% upfront to me. Trust me, I had to follow up on a lot of listings where I thought something wasn't right. Once I get that "feeling" I just cut the cords and move on. If you aren't in a rush, you can find exactly what you want.

People just want to maximum their return, so they lie. I agree, anyone should just be upfront.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Howulikemyevo
People people. Seller please be honest about the evo you are selling. Carma will come back and bite u in the azz!!!! Lol If there is something minor or major , just let the buyer know! If he really like your car then he will buy it no matter what. I bought my 2003 evo with a rebuilt tittle and i didnt regret a bit!!! Best decision i make in my life. I love my car then and still love my car now. I drove it daily and run it hard sometimes when people try me. But most of all, buyer please dont whine!!! You will get what you PAY for. If u gonna spend $12,000 or below then dont expect it to be nice, a $18000 to $24000 evo would be in a range where the car is most decent. But you dont have to buy anything if you look at the car and dont like it. Justmove on to the next car. I know alot of my fellow evo have put alot of time an money into their evos to make it look great and run its best. Remember, EVOs are not cheap to own. So with that being said, dont buy it if u cant afford to maintain it. Such as tune, clutch , brakes, an alot of oil change. I change my oil every other weeks, YES i did say every 2 weeks. The oil get black really quick!!! I forgot, for those that didnt own a evo yet, the oil get black really quick!!!! But again, you will know when the car is just right for you. I bought mine the first time i saw it. But thats before i have look at maybe 10-15 other cars. But i quarrantee you, if u ever drive a good evo then u would never drive any front or rear wheel car again. The launch on this car is just unbelievable. With my 564hp/466tq mustang dyno, my car will pull like crazy at the light. Anyway, like i say again--- if u look at a car u dont like, no body put a gun at your head and tell u to buy it!!!!!dde2bddd2b There is still alot of very nice great looking and run very good out there, you just have to look for it!!!! Thats goes to every kind of car you wanted to buy too.
Not trying to come off as a jerk, but if you are changing your oil every two weeks, you are wasting your money. Unless you track the hell out of it or drive cross country on a weekly basis.

Last edited by EvolutionIX219; Dec 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvolutionIX219
Not trying to come off as a jerk, but if you are changing your oil every two weeks, you are wasting your money. Unless you track the hell out of it or drive cross country on a weekly basis.
Dont worry, he is also one who bought the XS Power manifold and is preaching it to EvoM as if its the best product on the planet since sliced bread... So apparently the money he saved buying that manifold is going to what I HOPE is good oil.... Either way. Waste of money, I change mine every 2500-3500 using AMSoil 10w40 high-zinc. And my motors fully built with a DBB FP black.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
If you want an honest seller, go buy a Corolla from a 60 year old middle school teacher in a small town in the mid west. You pretty much pick your company dealing in a car like the Evo.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:52 PM

I bought my 8 knowing it would be thrashed. But I didn't realize how bad it was. It started with the widebanding 8.41 after warm up so I decided to poke around the car, well it was routed to the engine bay and my stock o2 sensor was just chilling and thr wideband wasnt connected control box to the sensor, so I connected it and boom blew out fuse 8. I tried re wi[/COLOR]ring it a few times and still kept blowing fuse 8. So I took to a shop and they tried to wire for me and it turned put a bunch of wires were crossed and some of my ecu wires were also cut. Anyways long story short my evo had a bunch of issues and previous owner had zero idea what he was doing with an evo.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 02:04 PM

IMO it's also worth getting a compression and/or leak down test done. Plus, a pre-purchase inspection. Sure, it'll cost you about $400 all together but at least you know what you are getting. If the seller doesn't want to do it, then that should be a sign.

Quick Reply: why people lie when they sell there evo?