Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shipping your car

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone used "road runner auto transport" www.RRAutoTransport.com
They have given me the best price for a enclosed transport. Im going to look into a few other you guys/gals have recommended. Who knows maybe blue tape it all. lol
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I shipped my car to and from MAP from el paso, tx... Used reliable carriers one way and was broke after the build so i cheaped it home... Reliable miss marked my car as delivered and freaked me out for a few days til it arrived... The way back went much better but cant recall the name... The way the guys looked i would be surprised if they told me they took the cars off and drove em around a bit during the trip... Shady characters...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by DSMdynamic
Just drive it, it'll be the best drive and give you plenty of time to bond with the car
Did this with my car and i love her so much more because of it
Old Dec 18, 2013, 02:41 AM

best drive of my life
Old Dec 20, 2013, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by dsmdion
I used reliable carries once. shipping is almost always a bit pricey, but it's well worth it to spend the extra money on a nice car. Last thing you want is to go through a huge hassle dealing with a dinged up car.
So you had a great experience with them??

I can only rave about these guys....New World Auto Transport. When I got sick of that other douchebag and found this company I was so happy. The car was on the carrier the next day and the driver was great. The price was $150 more than those other guys and that was super short notice.[/QUOTE]

Who did you speak with? I may end up going with new world or just break down, blue tape, and drive it.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:01 AM

x2 just painters tape and just drive it
Old Dec 23, 2013, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To hell with shipping it! Drive that badboy home
Old Dec 23, 2013, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
I shipped mine from CT to TN, quick pick up, enclosed. Only guys ill ever use.
www.steeltoycarriers.com
Old Dec 23, 2013, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I used http://www.intercitylines.com/ to ship my evo from Florida to NY. It was very expensive, but if you don't want to worry about your car being damaged use them.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 07:18 AM

I also used www.steeltoycarriers.com when I first bought my STI, my work schedule wouldn't let me have a day off, so I ended up just paying for it to get shipped. and best part, its enclosed just how Hutch959 said
Old Dec 24, 2013, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the purchase! Like others suggested, I would drive it back, FL to TX is not bad at all. But if you do end up shipping it, I used http://www.1stCallAutoHaul.com recently to ship a car from FL to MA and would absolutely use them again.

Eric, the owner, walked me through everything and was able to secure an enclosed transport with lift gate that picked up the car within 24 hours of making the call. The driver was great and called me periodically with updates. And most importantly the car was never unloaded until it reached its final destination in MA. The car did not end up sitting in any lots over night.

Old Dec 24, 2013, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hiboost03
So you had a great experience with them??

I can only rave about these guys....New World Auto Transport. When I got sick of that other douchebag and found this company I was so happy. The car was on the carrier the next day and the driver was great. The price was $150 more than those other guys and that was super short notice.
Who did you speak with? I may end up going with new world or just break down, blue tape, and drive it.[/QUOTE]

Pino.
I think it was $1250 from Ca. to NJ in a soft shell enclosed trailer. If you are going open you'll save a few hundred.

That other company is out of FL., they are now under Transcorp Auto .....Beware.
The guy there refuses to give me back my $500 and he is a liar.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:35 PM

Deff agree^^*^^^^^
Drive that thing!! I made the trip from El Paso to lake city,fl myself like twice in my 350z.... And wouldn't mind doing it again! Heck might b driving from NC to Tx when I get back in U.S. to pick up a Evo !! Would do the tape too...incase u find out what love bugs are lol
Old Jan 31, 2014, 07:01 AM

Well guys i finally did it...i shipped the car, lol. I took your recommendations and picked an enclosed carrier. I got my car in 24 hrs, amazing! I just wanted to say I love my Evo. Oh and for the record these cars are a money pit!! I always find something I want to buy for it.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Do they mess with your car at all? im moving to the EC and was hoping i could stuff that beast full of most my crap..?

Quick Reply: Shipping your car