Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shipping your car

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shipping your car

Hello All. I have finally purchased my first evo . Extremely in love with this car. I purchased this car in Fl,and looking to ship it to Texas. Anyone have any recommendations on a carrier? A company they have personally used when they purchased there car? If so please let me know.

Thanks

Mods if this doesn't belong here please move thread
Old Dec 15, 2013, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Check Transportreviews.com
Old Dec 15, 2013, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend and how flawless you want the shipping to be. I generally use top of the line shippers because you get what you pay for and the cars I am shipping are usually mint. I shipped my last car with some unknown company (car was still transported closed carrier) and they scratched it! Wish I would've spent the extra $800 on one of the best in the business instead, like I normally do.

So who would I use? Intercity Lines or Reliable Carriers. Horseless Carriage I believe is another.

If you're wanting open carrier/cheap recommendations, I have no suggestions.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 09:41 PM

I used reliable carries once. shipping is almost always a bit pricey, but it's well worth it to spend the extra money on a nice car. Last thing you want is to go through a huge hassle dealing with a dinged up car.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check uship.com You will get a few transportors and the best price available. I used it to ship my 2nd non running Evo from VA to NC
Old Dec 15, 2013, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Check uship.com You will get a few transportors and the best price available. I used it to ship my 2nd non running Evo from VA to NC
uship is where I found the one I had a bad experience with, but it is an option for multiple bids from tons of carriers.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
When I shipped my rolling ix I went with turbo auto transport all the way from Texas to Canada. It was great service, they always kept me updated and price was decent but pretty high because of the distance. I was impressed when it had arrived in the exact condition if expected not a dent or scratch. With shipping you really get what you pay for. It wasn't the fastest process but then again it was almost 2000 km away lol
Old Dec 16, 2013, 08:17 AM

Thanks for the info all. Im going to check out all the recommended companies, and compare. Worse case scenario maybe ill just drive it back. I just want to put all those miles on it, and bugs/rock chips, etc...
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just drive it, it'll be the best drive and give you plenty of time to bond with the car
Old Dec 16, 2013, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Fl to tx is not a bad drive, one way ticket there enjoy the beach weather and drive back
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by DSMdynamic
Just drive it, it'll be the best drive and give you plenty of time to bond with the car
Originally Posted by steven121
Fl to tx is not a bad drive, one way ticket there enjoy the beach weather and drive back
I just want to put all those miles on it, and bugs/rock chips, etc...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
painters tape
Old Dec 17, 2013, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had dealings with 2 companies when I purchased my Evo. It was in Ca. and I am in NJ and I wanted an enclosed carrier which costs more but I have heard some horror stories about open carriers.
Stay away from Transcorp LLC, they couldn't deliver and stole my $500 deposit. PM me for the guy's name in case he changed business names or something like that.....

I can only rave about these guys....New World Auto Transport. When I got sick of that other douchebag and found this company I was so happy. The car was on the carrier the next day and the driver was great. The price was $150 more than those other guys and that was super short notice.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hiboost03
Thanks for the info all. Im going to check out all the recommended companies, and compare. Worse case scenario maybe ill just drive it back. I just want to put all those miles on it, and bugs/rock chips, etc...
Originally Posted by DSMdynamic
Originally Posted by evoforstevo
painters tape
This is what I did. Hands down best drive of my life! Painter taped the front and sides at the rear door.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I drove from North Carolina back to Long Island when I picked mine up. It was one of the best drives I've ever had. When I got home the front bumper looked like a bug graveyard .. A quick wash and it was back to normal. If you're worried about the bug and rock chips you can put a car bra on it, or like some other people have mentioned, painters tape.

Quick Reply: Shipping your car