Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another Evo that may be a good deal! Opinions? 2005 MR WW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 08:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another Evo that may be a good deal! Opinions? 2005 MR WW

My other thread was getting to full of Evolution possibilities, so im making a new one!

So I sent an Email out about a craigslist ad a few weeks that looked to be a damn good deal. I got an email back today and got the seller's phone number. I tried to go back to the ad and it was removed from CL. I talked to the owner and he sent some pictures of the vehicle to me. He told the car had been tracked by the previous owner. I dont even want to mention the mileage because yal wont believe it (and I havent ran a CARFAX on it yet to see if its right). I will post the mileage when I get around to running a vehicle history check. It is a 2005 Evolution MR in WW. He said the AC works, clean title, no mechanical issues. He says there are some cosmetic, but nothing major. I will be calling the owner tomorrow to get a bit more info. If the owner says all the right things and I end up being "100% interested", then I plan on having an inspection done along with a compression test. But let me know what yal think!

Last edited by dcdirtrider; Dec 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That owner must have really beat on that car to have a roll cage in it.. I would try to find one less beat IMO...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Check everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE if you do buy this car. It definitely looks like he had his fun with it. If all checks out and you are satisfied then more power to you, I love my WW MR. But buyer beware for sure, this is way too cheap..
Old Dec 17, 2013, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

I'm curious on mileage based on price and modificstions
Old Dec 17, 2013, 09:47 PM

If i check the carfax and it checks out, ill let ya know. I GUARENTEE you wont believe it if I posted it though, as I dont yet.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO
That owner must have really beat on that car to have a roll cage in it.. I would try to find one less beat IMO...
So you can tell it's been beat, how?

OP, car looks solid for the $. Obviously, you'd want to check it out, but that's a great price assuming title is clean. Part out value is probably close somewhere around that.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

I really wish you'd just put up the mileage instead of holding out and pullibg this rabdom "ill tell u if it pans out" haha
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:49 PM

EDIT...

that was just to show yal the details. But....

Last edited by dcdirtrider; Dec 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
If I were you I'd be on my way to pick up the car right now. If you don't buy it, PM me the seller's details please.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Haha woow and I thought I got my car at a deal. I'd be picking this up right now if I were you
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Even if you didn't want an Evo you could flip this so easily but seriously that's a once in a lifetime find don't let it escape you
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:30 PM

But... I am planning on it. Once I am done with finals I am hoping this will be my vehicle!!!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

I'd buy it right now regardless haha.
Where did you find this one?
You can tell us since the cl post was removed haha. Also make sure thay tranny is in good shape since the 6 spd isthe weaker tranny often times mr drivers swap in the gsr 5 spd
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by rjfg
I'd buy it right now regardless haha.
Where did you find this one?
You can tell us since the cl post was removed haha. Also make sure thay tranny is in good shape since the 6 spd isthe weaker tranny often times mr drivers swap in the gsr 5 spd
Im sorry but I am going to have to say... Brazil. You have to understand my concern though But im gonna call the guy tomorrow and see what he says about an inspection. If the title and mechanical condition checks out, ill be on a plane this weekend Thought this was a damn good deal
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO

You do realize that if you track the car there are certain rules to run in certain classes, some of which include a cage.

Originally Posted by kpt6
So you can tell it's been beat, how?

OP, car looks solid for the $. Obviously, you'd want to check it out, but that's a great price assuming title is clean. Part out value is probably close somewhere around that.
Exactly, the owner was up front about tracking it. If it was a dedicated track car the low mileage would make plenty of sense. Good luck OP.

Quick Reply: Another Evo that may be a good deal! Opinions? 2005 MR WW