Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Commencing with repairs soon...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commencing with repairs soon...

So as some of you may know, I had a bit of an accident with my vehicle and insurance will be taking care of it. That being said I talk to the guys who are going to work on my car. I asked them what are the possibilities getting aftermarket parts and such. He said that it's possible, but basically working with the insurances budget. Makes sense. Should I go ahead and get stock replacements? Should I go with a "body kit". Sort of. Bumper and fenders are to be replaced. And as far as mechanical parts if I can get slightly used parts for cheaper than new should I do it? Or just go with complete stock replacements? I really don't know what I should do. I do plan on keeping the car. For like...ever. Possibly pass it down to my son.

Opinions needed.

Yes I understand it's my car "do what you want". In the end I always do.

I don't know. Any comments are welcome. Please help bring my EVO back to life.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 07:09 PM

Personally, I like my car stock. It's reliable and keeps its value. However, if it was in an accident and I had the opportunity to replace broken parts with aftermarket parts, I would be very tempted. I guess it depends on what is being replaced. Are you talking about body parts only or intake/exhaust too?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
I'd go OEM.

I asked in your other thread, but I don't think you answered.. What kind of spacers caused the issue? Bolt-on or slip-on with extended studs?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Bolt on without the extended bolts. . I bought the car like that. Now I'm paying for it.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Red_06_EvoRS
Personally, I like my car stock. It's reliable and keeps its value. However, if it was in an accident and I had the opportunity to replace broken parts with aftermarket parts, I would be very tempted. I guess it depends on what is being replaced. Are you talking about body parts only or intake/exhaust too?
I'm talking replica aftermarket body parts and aftermarket mechanical parts, rotor, caliper...etc. no rims. Rims aren't covered.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 08:29 AM

Bolt on without extended bolts? Can you clarify on this? You wouldn't need extended studs for a bolt on spacer because it should have its own set of studs. Are you sure they weren't slip ons with oem studs
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Oops yeah I meant slip ons. That's my fault.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I think I've committed a sin. Just orders voltex front bumper, front fenders and a JDM rear. All of course replicas.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
not a sin at all, cant wait to see how the car comes out!!!
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:27 AM

Replicas are the way to go honestly when insurance is paying for it. For one, it's half the cost and second you can use that left over money for anything else you wish to upgrade.

My buddy hit a deer in his Acura RSX Type S and ****ed up his front end and lights, he got all replica parts and have so much left over he bought new rims, carbon fiber hood and a bunch of other **** lol.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

I guess so. I ordered a voltex front bumper, fenders, and JDM rear bumper. Replicas if course, but we will see. I'm hoping that my exhaust sticks out far enough to not bother me and that I can still switch my OEM bumper. I'm thinking of selling it or saving it for long road trips and such.