Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

P0011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P0011

P0011 over advanced mivec or mivec performance. have an 06 Evo ix with about 25,200 miles. I just recently got this code. I do have cams but I'm not sure which brand they are as they were installed by previous owner. I never got this code and have owned the car for a but over 2000 miles. I cleared it and it came back on after about 70 miles so I must have some issue. I also noticed my oil light coming on at like 800 rpms or less we hen getting out if first gear and trying to be quiet. Not sure if it's related. I read and was told by my tuner that generally if a cam sensor was 180 out it would throw a different code and my mivec oil line or filter might be clogged? What should I check first? What's the Location of mivec filter and oil line? Should a I check if cam sensor is 180 out anyways?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

The mivec line is on the backside of the block under the intake to next to the intake on the passenger side. I would check oil level and check for leaks back there. Mine was throwing that code when mine was leaking. I would imagine if your cam sensor was messed up it would run like crap if at all since it would think it was on the exhaust stroke when it was on the intake. Not to mention the cam sensor is basically a magnet so unless you messed with the cams recently it wouldn't just swap itself 180 degrees.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

My thoughts exactly. I have been getting random cylinder misfires though. I wonder if it's related. Is there a filter for this line? Possibly plugged up?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I think there was a conical screen filter on the the solenoid side of the line. And the drivers side of the line is actually a check valve so if that is messed up could give you a problem. As for the misfires, it could possibly be related but I'm not sure I didn't have misfires with my leak that I remember.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone else have anymore info on this code?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

I'm still not sure where this mivec oil line is can someone post a picture?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

That's the back of the block looking at intake side of the head, so left is towards trans and right is passenger side. Yours is a greenish hardline though not a stainless line.
Attached Thumbnails P0011-map_evo-mofl.jpg  
Old Dec 21, 2013, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Oh banjo guys. So is this it?

What do I need to move to fully inspect this and where are the other mivec components located? Like filter, solenoid, Ocv etc?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yup that banjo is one end, the filter should be in that end, the banjo unscrews from the hex fitting it's in then the hex fitting is threaded in so that will unscrew too. The filter is a conical shaped metal screen in there, but you shouldn't have to unscrew the hex fitting, just the banjo bolt. Once that is out the filter is inside the hex fitting. As for the solenoid, that's the thing right above the banjo in your pic with the red yellow wire running to the connector with 2 wires. And ocv, that guy is the banjo bolt at the other end of the line, looks like a banjo bolt but the inside is actually a check valve. If you have the service manual the whole system is on page 35 of section 11B.

Last edited by jason42003; Dec 21, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had this code, even posted up a thread about it a year or so ago, but my cams ended up being off a tooth.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys. I have ruled out improper cam installation since I just got the code and have had cams since I bought the car. Also I have a clakity clanking mivec gear. So I have some kind of issue with oil getting there. I appreciate all of the help. should I just pull the solenoid and bench test it with a 12v battery?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly I have no idea how it works, I just know mine works haha. I'll take a look through the service manual and see if I can find anything on it.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

ok finally found it, apparently mitsu calls it an oil feeder control valve (or oil feefer in one spot haha) but you can test it on or off vehicle. if you need procedures just let me know.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

Yes I would appreciate you posting that. My car didn't come with manual.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

The service manual is different from the owners manual, you can get a copy from evoscan. But the solenoid can be tested two ways. The first would be to jump it from a 12v source with the positive going to the #2 pin and the ground to the #1 pin. Those being numbered from left to right as you look into the connector with the flange for the bolt on the left of the connector or the ridges for the connector on the top whichever is easier to identify. Then you should hear the solenoid move, if not its bad but I would def follow on with the ohm test if this way tests bad. It also comes with a caution in the sm not to hold the jumper on there too long or you can damage it (wouldn't hold it on for more than a second anyways, should hear movement fairly quickly). To ohm test it test the resistance between the two contacts, it should be 6.9-7.9 ohms at room temp. Good luck

Quick Reply: P0011