Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help with ABS Codes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need help with ABS Codes

Hello EvoM. Over the years I have been having issues with my speedo not working. I have somewhat remedied this by going and testing all of the wires/harnesses from the one on top of the speed sensor all the way to the gauge cluster. After doing this and making sure everything was tight, the speedo started working again (for the most part) but reads about 10 mph to slow.

Here is my thread on when my speed sensor issue first started. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-working.html

Anyway, I need to bring my car in for inspection now and have the following issues. The car throws the code for the speed sensor off (P0500) and on. And is now also throwing codes 81, 82, and 83 for the ABS.

I'm not sure where I should start. Perhaps the wheel speed sensors? I have been struggling with this issue for years, but I only get to drive my car a couple months each year so I am hard out for time to get it fixed.

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by Insanity Evo; Dec 27, 2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Codes listed
81 = steering angular velocity sensor ST-1
82 = steering angular velocity sensor ST-2
83 = steering angular velocity sensor ST-N

Here is a link to the PDF for the ABS system for our cars right here. Shop manuals own :] Section P.35B-52.

http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/Evo9/GR00002900-35B.pdf

This even explains step by step how to fix all of the various trouble codes for the ABS system as well. Good luck and sorry to hear about your troubles.