Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo or sti??? Which should i buy. Please help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rrrr
? AFAIK its a high hp Skyline GT-R, just like those in JGTC Grp A which is where the road going BNR32 was actually based from.
I am from Sydney Australia and grew up in that era.

were very much familiar with Bathurst and the year that R32 GTR beat all the Holdens and fords.

Its literally, not the same car at all.

So using that car as leverage to glorify the RB26DETT is irrelevant.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by wowzers
I am from Sydney Australia and grew up in that era.

were very much familiar with Bathurst and the year that R32 GTR beat all the Holdens and fords.

Its literally, not the same car at all.

So using that car as leverage to glorify the RB26DETT is irrelevant.
I'm in asia, stayed in Japan for a year and a half. Safe to say I know about a thing or two about these cars.

So your sort of saying that JGTC / SuperGT S.GT-Rs, NSXs, Supras, even maybe Mine's BNR32-34, and rally spec Evos are not the "same" car?

Can you pls. enlighten me on how its "literally" not the same car?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in asia, stayed in Japan for a year and a half. Safe to say I know about a thing or two about these cars.

So your sort of saying that JGTC / SuperGT S.GT-Rs, NSXs, Supras, even maybe Mine's BNR32-34, and rally spec Evos are not the "same" car?

Can you pls. enlighten me on how its "literally" not the same car?
i don't need to enlighten you. You seem to keep yourself quite entertained here.

You were talking about the Winfield R32 GT-R…

and using that as a "flagship" for the GT-R brand?, That car has nothing, stock.

and yet you use that as an excuse to boast the BNR34 over an EVO IX…

im englighted, i can tell you that.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 07:39 AM

i don't need to enlighten you. You seem to keep yourself quite entertained here.

You were talking about the Winfield R32 GT-R…

and using that as a "flagship" for the GT-R brand?, That car has nothing, stock.

and yet you use that as an excuse to boast the BNR34 over an EVO IX…

im englighted, i can tell you that.
lol. Just as I thought, so all the Super GT / JGTC, Rally, Mines, etc. cars are "literally" not the car they're thought to be.

Did I "boast" the BNR34? jeez... I am just giving actual facts and credit where credit is due. Remember I am not just a Skyline GT-R driver, but an Evo driver as well and loving it.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 08:21 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
lol. Just as I thought, so all the Super GT / JGTC, Rally, Mines, etc. cars are "literally" not the car they're thought to be.

Did I "boast" the BNR34? jeez... I am just giving actual facts and credit where credit is due. Remember I am not just a Skyline GT-R driver, but an Evo driver as well and loving it.
JGTC cars aren't really the cars they "say" they are. Supras have V8s, etc. i wouldn't say they are, in any way, a fair representation of their namesakes.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
JGTC cars aren't really the cars they "say" they are. Supras have V8s, etc. i wouldn't say they are, in any way, a fair representation of their namesakes.
facts?… what facts?!

keep imagining, its ok.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by kaj
Agree! Some are. But on the car mr. wow told me isn't literally the same car was the Bathurst BNR32.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 06:54 AM

facts?… what facts?!

keep imagining, its ok.
... sure.

lmao
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:25 AM
kaj

facts?… what facts?!

keep imagining, its ok.
At the risk of getting another warning for trolling:

How can you be a an apparent fan and not know. They never even used a 2jz. Not that Wikipedia is gospel, but here:

"JGTC/Super GT
Since first appearing in 1995, Toyota has raced the JZA80 Supra as a GT500 race car in the JGTC series. Beginning with a four cylinder 2.1-liter turbocharged 4T-GTE mounted onto a stock bodyshell with wide arch body kit and spoiler.[18]

Over the years, as demands for expensive GT1 race specials became common, the JGTC regulation drifted away from FIA rules, as a result, the Supra has progressively underwent numerous changes over the years,[19] most noticeable, the numerous body changes and by the late 1990s, the Supra used a developed version of the 3SG,[20] which was developed from the IMSA engine and similar to the 3SGTE engine found Toyota Corolla WRC car.[21] By the early 2000s, for the benefit of torque, the Supra moved on to 3UZ-FE V8 engine."
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
way to stay on topic
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:57 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
way to stay on topic
Topic died long ago when OP got deployed. He already thanked all for the info.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 01:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj

How can you be a an apparent fan and not know. They never even used a 2jz. Not that Wikipedia is gospel, but here:

"JGTC/Super GT
Since first appearing in 1995, Toyota has raced the JZA80 Supra as a GT500 race car in the JGTC series. Beginning with a four cylinder 2.1-liter turbocharged 4T-GTE mounted onto a stock bodyshell with wide arch body kit and spoiler.[18]

Over the years, as demands for expensive GT1 race specials became common, the JGTC regulation drifted away from FIA rules, as a result, the Supra has progressively underwent numerous changes over the years,[19] most noticeable, the numerous body changes and by the late 1990s, the Supra used a developed version of the 3SG,[20] which was developed from the IMSA engine and similar to the 3SGTE engine found Toyota Corolla WRC car.[21] By the early 2000s, for the benefit of torque, the Supra moved on to 3UZ-FE V8 engine."

I agree.

i don't think you can talk sense to some people

no point
Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:10 AM

I agree.

no point
Lol. Exactly!

Last edited by Rrrr; Apr 22, 2014 at 04:13 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by kaj

"JGTC/Super GT

Correct. Funny how some individual would say the same for other cars like the Bathurst GT-R.

Maybe I'll check around or ask that person if that GT-R32 has... umm... SR20.

Last edited by Rrrr; Apr 22, 2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 07:57 AM
kaj

I agree.

no point
wait...wut?

Quick Reply: Evo or sti??? Which should i buy. Please help