Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buy an evo or not???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy an evo or not???

Hey all. Now before you get your pitchforks and torches and get ready to throw them at me hear me out. I am a diehard dsm fan. Currently my DD is an 04 lancer ralliart. I love the car and have almost put on 100k miles while owning it. Love the car but sadly it just isn't enough. Modified mildly but you can't fix fwd and I just don't see the point in throwing anymore money at car that is not designed to be a race car. Currently I am about to head off to Afghanistan being a member of the Wisconsin army national guard. I am starting my research now for my welcome home toy. For a long time I have drooled over evos and finally I might have one. This doesn't mean I will as there are other options out there. Namely subarus. I am coming here to get some additional convincing that an evo is the car for me. Obviously I know only I can make that choice but I am looking to see why others chose the evo. My requirements for my next car is simple awd and turbocharged with a Market that has easy access to modifying. Awd is necessary for Wisconsin winters and this will be my new dd with me still holding onto the ralliart for long trips and for my wife. My preferred evo is a IX MR but I am nervous about getting a six speed with all of the fourth gear issues. So enough blabbing out of me. If you have anything to say please tell me why in depth you went the direction you went and if I would get an evo what trim. I am a huge fan of acd but I know there are Individuals out there that recommend otherwise. Side note I plan on trying to keep this thread going for the whole year I am gone and I will use it to provide much needed sanity and the light at the end of the tunnel I am sure to need. Thanks guys.