Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking To Buy An Evo Soon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailed pictures of the engine bay would be helpful. Any person on this forum could tell you a lot more about that car if there were some pictures of the engine bay.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would try to get him down to around 14k if the car is in good mechanical shape.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 07:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShadyLTD
I live in Morristown, TN and the car is located in GA, about 3 hours away from me. There was another dealership in NC that was about 2 hours, but they are asking way to much for there Evos. I wish I knew some Evo owners, but I don't sadly. There's mostly hondas around my area and the only person I know that owns a Lancer is my buddy (but it's a RS), so he's limited on knowledge. I've been driving a turbo car for about 3 years now so I know what to look for the most part. I put the kit on myself and only thing I had to do with a shop was dyno, so I learned a lot. Just AWD cars are much different and I already know there's so much more to learn and i'm excited to be honest.

I'll include pictures on the main post of the car.
Mo Town eh? If you pick this car up be sure to come to Knoxville where all the cool kids are.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's from a dealer, inspected and showed no signs of modifications.
You gotta be careful with car salesmen. They will lie through their teeth to make a sale. I shopped around a good bit before I bought mine, and I can say that I knew more about Evos than any salesmen I encountered .

The car does look very clean though, so who ever owned it took care of the exterior, other than putting those ugly rims on haha. I just find it very, very, hard to believe that an Evo with four previous owners wasn't modified at one point.

Just take your time and don't jump the gun and you will find the right one. Good luck!

Last edited by EvolutionIX219; Dec 29, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by EvolutionIX219
You gotta be careful with car salesmen. They will lie through their teeth to make a sale. I shopped around a good bit before I bought mine, and I can say that I knew more about Evos than any salesmen I encountered .

The car does look very clean though, so who ever owned it took care of the exterior, other than putting those ugly rims on haha. I just find it very, very, hard to believe that an Evo with four previous owners wasn't modified at one point.

Just take your time and don't jump the gun and you will find the right one. Good luck!
Yeah im so eager to get into a Evo lol. I been looking for the past 2 weeks and everytime I get close, something goes wrong or the price is just too high. I'm trading my current car in and i'm trying to do it before the value decreased too much cause of the new year and I haven't hit 10k miles in it yet so the value is still good.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
Mo Town eh? If you pick this car up be sure to come to Knoxville where all the cool kids are.
45 minute drive lol. All the people around here have hondas for days. Do you guys have a Evo meet or anything there?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by jrainwater
Detailed pictures of the engine bay would be helpful. Any person on this forum could tell you a lot more about that car if there were some pictures of the engine bay.
Yeah i'm waiting till tomorrow when the dealership is open to ask for more pictures.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 09:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
45 minute drive lol. All the people around here have hondas for days. Do you guys have a Evo meet or anything there?
We try, not always successful though. Hit us up in the Southeast Region for more info.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice that it has all the right interior that it should, being an SSL. The car looks super clean too. For having 4 owners and 110k miles it looks to be in great shape.