Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can anyone name this PLUG??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"The Douche" as he names himself above, has no problem telling the world that "his car" had never had a problem with removing the inner fan. Then goes on to say that not one Evo ever will overheat by removing the inner fan, even with a fully running A/C. Then says we're the one giving bad advice because we haven't done something as stupid as take away the fan designed to keep our cars cooling correctly.

Last time we had this debate I was told to search for all of these mystical evos running without their inner radiator fan. I did search. Did not find one. Although maybe I didn't know the correct tag words for such cars. So now I put forth the challenge to "The Douche," please share with us these evos. I then challenge these evos to come down to Florida in the summer and get in a traffic jam on I-4 in mid Orlando with a fully functional A/C and not overheat. Then and only then will I be satisfied that evos other than "The Douche's" can run with only one pusher fan cooling the radiator and condenser and not overheat.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Hahahaha I never once suggested that anyone remove their inner fan that's just silly, if you read above it's done by folks going to bigger turbo kits, IC, IC piping etc..

Yes many people have done this. If you never need to great. And yes I have sat in summer traffic AC on for hours and never had a cooling issue without an inner fan.

You can believe whatever the **** you want broseph.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I promised myself I was gonna leave this alone but who am I kidding that's just not who I am lol. Removing the radiator fan on a daily driver EVO to fit some ridiculously huge turbo set up or some retarded intercooler pipes or intake is the equivalent to swapping over to speed density so you can run a vta blow off valve. It's stupid, period. I can also drive my car around without the driveshaft and make it front wheel drive. I could also remove the doors and treat it like a jeep in summer. Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you should and I still disagree with you that it would have no ill long term affect on the engine internals and that it would "NEVER" overheat ever. Of all the hundreds of cars I have worked on over the years I've never fixed an over heating car that had a functioning fan unless it was something like the thermostat that went out. It's always the relay or the fan motor that goes and the car starts overheating. And yes I do realise there are also a lot of other things that can make an engine overheard I.e. blown head gasket. Bottom line is that anyone that knows anything about cars knows that heat is BAD for making horsepower. Or else we wouldn't even need a radiator or an intercooler for that matter.....so you can cruise around without your radiator fan and tell ppl its okay but all youre doing is putting unnecessary stress on your engine.