Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Safest way to go back to stock ecu?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safest way to go back to stock ecu?

How do I go back to a stock ecu? I currently have an apexi power fc stand alone when I bought the car but Its not working out for me. I bought an ecu off the forums, so what's the safest way to go about this? Already ordered a tactrix cable and evoscan software. Getting a afr installed soon, cuz I know that's helpful. Help me out please. Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2013, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just get a base map and start from there, get in touch with you tuner I suggest Tom.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by adriano_917
Just get a base map and start from there, get in touch with you tuner I suggest Tom.
So load a base map into the stock ecu? Sucks, no professional tuners where I live. I live on small island of Guam. So pretty much on my own. Any other suggestions.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 04:49 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
hook it up, pull the rom ID, then head over to the ecuflash subforum here. Find the correct TephraV7 rom and start with that. You will need to build new maps for your car depending on mods etc... You will also need to adjust some things (i.e. immobilizer hex) to get it working. If you dont have access to a tuner you are going to need to do alot of reading in the ecuflash subforum, but its all there, everything you need to diy.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
hook it up, pull the rom ID, then head over to the ecuflash subforum here. Find the correct TephraV7 rom and start with that. You will need to build new maps for your car depending on mods etc... You will also need to adjust some things (i.e. immobilizer hex) to get it working. If you dont have access to a tuner you are going to need to do alot of reading in the ecuflash subforum, but its all there, everything you need to diy.
Ok thanks for the help. Will definitely try this out. I don't have much mods on the car. It's pretty close to stock. Mostly bolt ons. Thanks so much for advice though.