Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fed up with my evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2004, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I love the evo!!!! I happened to get a defective one, and am between a rock and a hard place. I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to "bash" the evo. This is not the case.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 08:52 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

blue: I still didn't understand, did you try to call the 800 number from your car manual?
Not the dealer, but the regional customer service. I'm not sure how old you are but you sound a bit younger. Dealers usually treat younger customers like ****. Try having someone of your older friends or parents call them up, explain the situation and how you were handled in those dealerships and ask them how can they help you.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by SoR
blue: I still didn't understand, did you try to call the 800 number from your car manual?
Not the dealer, but the regional customer service. I'm not sure how old you are but you sound a bit younger. Dealers usually treat younger customers like ****. Try having someone of your older friends or parents call them up, explain the situation and how you were handled in those dealerships and ask them how can they help you.
I'm only 22, and there is no doubt in my mind they are discriminating against me for it. You guys have convinced me to give them one last shot at resolving these issues, and will be taking them up with the regional rep.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 08:56 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

That's the spirit soldier, try getting some "older" help too...
Old Mar 1, 2004, 09:04 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Yah man don't fall fate to a lemon, a month or so of paperwork and maybe a couple hundred for a professional letter or whatever to be written up is Deff. worth it for an experince of a real nice evo, and the 7,000 or so dollars lost of re-sale/trade in, or even more if trade in!

Don't miss out on the real evo experenice!
Old Mar 1, 2004, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

I think the real lemon is blueevilevo8 .I can't beleave those little things get to you.your next car will be a lemon also.it's all in your head
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:08 AM
SVT
Evolving Member

Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by:evo81
I think the real lemon is blueevilevo8 .I can't beleave those little things get to you.your next car will be a lemon also.it's all in your head
EXACTLY!!!!... Hey blueevil. why don't you get someone else with an Evo to drive your car and see what their impression is?....It's probably just the same as theirs...Because your complaints don't sound any different than my car.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

This is all BS. Never argue with an idiot. Period....
Old Mar 2, 2004, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

well i sure hope you get it worked out man, there's no point in trading in your Evo IF you can get it straightened out!! The Evo is the most fun car to drive, period.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by bluevilevo8

I made the mistake of not test driving it. I towed it home so I wouldn't have to drive it on the highway (yes I'm that ****)
Huh? You towed it home? Dude, you don't need a lawyer you need a psychiatrist. Please, do, go trade in your Evo.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by simevo
This is all BS. Never argue with an idiot. Period....
Yes, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

IMO, when you refuse to do something to make your situation better, you refuse the right to *****/complain/whine about it here or anywhere else, for that matter.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Um
What was the last car you've driven?
An Accord?
I'm thinking there's nothing wrong with the EVO and he's just not into this type of car
Old Mar 2, 2004, 07:05 AM

Originally posted by bluevilevo8
clutch pedal vibe
horribly rough idle (can't see out rear view it's so bad)
1st, 2nd, and 5th gear grinds
mild piston slap
noisy tob
steering wheel shake
decel noise and clunk
9 DIFFERENT INTERIOR RATTLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (THEY ARE THERE EVERY TIME I DRIVE THE CAR)

and to top it all off my car is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than other stock evos I've driven
All of you who are saying "I have the same problems, it's just a part of having an Evo"; did you actually read this? If 3 grinding gears, piston slap and rough idle are "just part of owning an Evo" and it bothers blue cause "he's just not into this kind of car" then Mitsubishi is pulling a fast one on all of you. What exactly is "this kind of car" if these problems are common? A POS? It's pretty apparent to me that blue isn't a troll, just a guy that got a lemon and is sick of it. A trolls post would look something like "OMG EVO SUCKS! NEVER BUY!" or something similarly ranting.

Blue, like others have said, give Mitsu a shot, not your stealership. Dealerships suck, and personally, once I have the car, I try to never deal with the dealership again. It sounds to me that your experience is atypical of most Evo's (minus the rattles, which seem pretty normal.) Let us know how it goes, hopefully you can get it declared a lemon.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Please buy a civic!

Quick Reply: Fed up with my evo