Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fed up with my evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he wasn't prepared for this type of car.
Yes it is noisy, steering is darty, transmission is notchy, engine
idle can be rough until it warms up. His car isn't even fully broken in yet!

Only car I have driven that has all the evo's performance but not
the ruggedness is a porsche or an M3. But is it worth paying over three times the price?

When my car hits the open road, I would still rather be in the evo because its feel gives more of an adrenaline rush rather than being overly isolated from the road.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

List of my previous cars. 93 z28, 97 cobra, 67 chevelle ss, 02 ss.

What is with you guys saying to "buy a civic"? My car has many inherent problems, plus it is a good deal slower than other evos. It feels so slow compared to my ss it's pathetic. Other stock evos I've driven feel about on par with it (my ss) once past 3000rpms. The real lemon is me? What the hell are you talking about? I towed it home because I bought the car a good ways from my house, and it was a FREE SERVICE from triple A (I'm a plus member).
Old Mar 2, 2004, 07:47 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by bluevilevo8

What is with you guys saying to "buy a civic"? My car has many inherent problems, plus it is a good deal slower than other evos. It feels so slow compared to my ss it's pathetic. Other stock evos I've driven feel about on par with it (my ss) once past 3000rpms. The real lemon is me? What the hell are you talking about? I towed it home because I bought the car a good ways from my house, and it was a FREE SERVICE from triple A (I'm a plus member).
Dude dont worry with them people get all bent outta shap when someone is having trouble and others are grateful enough to have everything going right. I bet youd be perfectly happy with a new one
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MP5

Dude dont worry with them people get all bent outta shap when someone is having trouble and others are grateful enough to have everything going right. I bet youd be perfectly happy with a new one
I would be.

As for all you guys saying "get a civic" or I'm an idiot, I can only hope you guys don't have issues down the road. I'm glad you got good, strong evos, but you don't have to rub my face in it by telling me I suck or what not. I think I'm done posting on this board. I can't believe how hostile you guys are toward someone simply stating they are going to trade in their car. Anyway, even if things don't work out with the regional rep, I'll never forget this car, even if it is for all the wrong reasons
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Dude, do your best to get the car declared a lemon or at least get it fixed. For me the Evo experience has been awesome, not only because of the car, but the community of Evo owners and the group of friends I have met because of this car.

I can see from your posts and your own comments that you admit to being a little **** about things. Use that 'anality' to pester the heck out of Mitsubishi until they treat you the way you are supposed to be treated. As you get older you will find that patience and persistence are incredible qualities.

Good luck and remember Never Give Up - Never Surrender
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

state attorney general - and lemon law, my friend.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Creamo3
Sounds like a lemon. I am surprised that you can not do anything through mistu to get your money back or at least a new car
To sue a fortune 500 auto manufacturer for my lemon law case, I cost me $XX,XXX.XX and two years.

To make things worse, To win your case you will have to store your car and stop driving it. Then you must go through ARBITRATION, which it done through the BBB. If you do not do this the judge will not see the case.

You must have taken your vehicle in for the SAME MALFUNCTION
3xs. And have the paperwork to prove it.

So for 5 figures 2 years and the rest above completed, you can persue the lemon law.

Yes, I personaly have been through the entire process, Yes I did win my case.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Lemon law does not cover a situation like mine. You must have the same thing repaired 3 times, send a notice to mitsu giving them one last shot, then lemon, or 30 days out of service in 12 moths, for "PROBLEMS THAT SIGNIFICANTLY IMPAIR THE SAFETY, VALUE, OR DRIVING". I have no case for a "lemon". I'm gonna see if I can get these issues attended to, and if I can't, I'm done. Simple as that guys. Thanks for all your encouragement though (for the most part).
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:22 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally posted by bluevilevo8

The SS should be faster than a stock Evo with a 5.7 V8 LS1 under the hood . Regarding your problems: Some of them are pretty much inherent of the Evo (rattles, for example) and are you sure it has piston slap and it's not the lifters you're hearing? The transmission should be fixed, but I doubt if they will do anything with your clutch no matter how hard you kick & scream. Do you know the lemon laws in your state? How many times have they tried to fix the problem and how long has it been at the dealership for repairs? Do you have all of this documented?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and, if you decide to go after Mitsu, stick it to the man .
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by newevo8

To sue a fortune 500 auto manufacturer for my lemon law case, I cost me $XX,XXX.XX and two years.

To make things worse, To win your case you will have to store your car and stop driving it. Then you must go through ARBITRATION, which it done through the BBB. If you do not do this the judge will not see the case.

You must have taken your vehicle in for the SAME MALFUNCTION
3xs. And have the paperwork to prove it.

So for 5 figures 2 years and the rest above completed, you can persue the lemon law.

Yes, I personaly have been through the entire process, Yes I did win my case.
This is why I said I have neither the time nor the resources (money, and another form of transportation).
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

I sued because I was pissed off.

Now that I look back on it, I would not do it again.

I do tons of research on cars first.

I bought the evo because of the amount of years they have been improving on the same platform.

Sorry your unhappy with your car. Good luck on the next one.

I hope its not a VW.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

You came to the site looking for support and you say "I am selling my Evo". 20 people have come back and given you avenues to deal your problem, but you just whine and moan...you don't even ADDRESS the issues at hand. I think if you troll that bad on the boards here then you most certainly troll in your personal relationships with Mitsu dealers and reps. I suspect the lemon laws don't apply to you because YOU DON'T HAVE A LEMON. Piston slap? Can you please define piston slap and how you determined that your engine does it? A compression test? Did you mic it? Take apart your wristpins? Are your cylinders out of round? PUHLEESE...

Quit whining and either fix the situation or sell the car.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by OnlineAlias
You came to the site looking for support and you say "I am selling my Evo". 20 people have come back and given you avenues to deal your problem, but you just whine and moan...you don't even ADDRESS the issues at hand. I think if you troll that bad on the boards here then you most certainly troll in your personal relationships with Mitsu dealers and reps. I suspect the lemon laws don't apply to you because YOU DON'T HAVE A LEMON. Piston slap? Can you please define piston slap and how you determined that your engine does it? A compression test? Did you mic it? Take apart your wristpins? Are your cylinders out of round? PUHLEESE...

Quit whining and either fix the situation or sell the car.
That's it!!!! Can a mod please delete this thread. I'm a troll? I don't want you to give me avenues for my problem!!! Anyone who thinks claiming the lemon law is an easy road to go down has never done it before!!!!! I have (97 cobra). Anyway, please delete this thread.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

What is it that you want then?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by OnlineAlias
What is it that you want then?
Nothing. I just posted to say goodbye. That is all.

Quick Reply: Fed up with my evo