Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fed up with my evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodbye. Sorry your not happy with the board, your Evo, or your Cobra.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Wow you are definitely lucky to have had all those cars by the time you're 22. Most people are still driving econoboxes at 22. As for your problems the only ones that are very serious are the piston slap (are you certain of this?) and the gear grinds. Both of these problems should be very noticable by the dealer and they CANNOT refuse to fix these problems with the car unless they prove that you abused your car. The other problems you listed could be considered normal depending on how **** you are (although I can't say for sure unless I personally sat in and test drove your car).
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evil8
Wow you are definitely lucky to have had all those cars by the time you're 22. Most people are still driving econoboxes at 22. As for your problems the only ones that are very serious are the piston slap (are you certain of this?) and the gear grinds. Both of these problems should be very noticable by the dealer and they CANNOT refuse to fix these problems with the car unless they prove that you abused your car. The other problems you listed could be considered normal depending on how **** you are (although I can't say for sure unless I personally sat in and test drove your car).
I am lucky to have had all those cars. I actually made money on the chevelle. I saw it up in North Carolina. Some hillbillies had partially restored it, and I towed it down (I know, again with the towing ) and finished the job. As for my car, you are right. Many of the things could be considered "normal", but if you drove my car you'd think differently.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 11:28 AM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck with your next attempt. The advice to get someone older involved is good advice. It's not right that they give younger people the runaround but it's the way things are.

The advice to go lemon is mainly from those who have no experience and like so many liberals now days are out for as much of someone else's money as they can get, deserved or not. Kudos for you for not jumping right on that bandwagon.

You definitely list some issues that are problems and should be corrected. Some of your issues may be more extreme to you than they would be to others however if they can be demonstrated to the tech they should be corrected.

Good luck again.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Tell me where you got your Evo and the Vin number. I'll go to my dealership and look up your car.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 11:49 AM

Sorry about the troubles with the car
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While you still have it, park it across the street from the dealership you bought it from with a sign saying "These guys sold me a lemon" or something similar. I don't know that it will work in your case but a guy got a new Range Rover from doing something similar when they refused to fix his. You need to get some older help, a letter from a lawyer, call the 1-800 number and possibly go to arbitration. Getting some older help would really help unfortunatly.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by joeycoates
While you still have it, park it across the street from the dealership you bought it from with a sign saying "These guys sold me a lemon" or something similar. I don't know that it will work in your case but a guy got a new Range Rover from doing something similar when they refused to fix his. You need to get some older help, a letter from a lawyer, call the 1-800 number and possibly go to arbitration. Getting some older help would really help unfortunatly.
seriously try this if possible[cant really hurt you]. you have no idea how much it will scare them, if you go this far, they are probably thinking your going to take them to court, and they might give in.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by simevo
Tell me where you got your Evo and the Vin number. I'll go to my dealership and look up your car.
Are you taling to me? If so, why? Can you help me, or do you think I don't have an evo? Oh, and please take your answer to pm.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

I will not give out my vin, but if I absolutely have to I will give "picture proof", with me holding a sign saying anything you guys choose. Don't know why I should even have to do this, but I don't mind.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think anybody here is questioning whether or not you have an Evo. The guy offered to look up your car in the dealer network computer to see if they have anything of interest in there. The cars are referenced by VIN#.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Where did you buy the car?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by bluevilevo8
I will not give out my vin, but if I absolutely have to I will give "picture proof", with me holding a sign saying anything you guys choose. Don't know why I should even have to do this, but I don't mind.
Not a troll? How long can this thread last? Who freakin cares about their VIN? What the hell is someone going to do with it besides help you? A significant service is being offered, and you take offense instead of being genuinely interested in getting your problems fixed. BTW, you never did anwer how you determined that you have piston slap...

You said goodbye before..so really now, its time to go away....
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

As I figured, bunch of BS.... Waste of time....Good Bye Already.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I can not get my hair right so I just call in sick to work and stay home all day.

Quick Reply: Fed up with my evo