Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fed up with my evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bluevilevo8
List of my previous cars. 93 z28, 97 cobra, 67 chevelle ss, 02 ss.

plus it is a good deal slower than other evos.
Have you dynoed it to prove this? Or is your *** telling you that your car is slower? Sometimes other peoples cars feel faster when you aren't the one driving it. Proving it and presenting the sheets to Mitsu will get your further than just complaining about your car **feeling** slow.

Have you attempted adjusting the idle screw so the car doesn't idle so rough? Some Evos come from the factory idling too low. But also, 4cyl's don't always idle as smoothly as a V8.

Piston slap? What are you speaking about exactly? I've never heard a 4cyl car owner complain of this...only V8 guys.

But clearly the synchros should not have given out so quickly. What caused it? Nothing? If you are used to 'powershifting' like they do with the V8's, you will blow your synchros quickly on the Evo. That has been clearly documented on this site.

I think part of your problem is in fact related to your car. But the remainder seems to be your outlook on how you think cars **should be**, based upon your past experiences.

SC~
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

piston slap is most commenly the build up of carbon on the top of the piston. I would think with the temps that our tubo cars run at and the air/fuel mixture we would not have this problem. It should really only happen when it is cold and does not effect the performance of the engine....ohhh and I only hear V8 guys talk about this.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

I'm surprised you got sucked into this, Chimp...this guy doesn't want help. Piston slap? Like I said before, PUHLEESE! Crankwalk maybe (but he doesn't know about that one to complain about it!). Piston slap in a motor with an iron block, uprite 4 cylider confguration, and as tried and true as the 4g63 is nearly impossible and a stupid diagnosis. It really only happens in V-configurations, hence why only V-8 guys talk about it.

Last edited by OnlineAlias; Mar 2, 2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

You are right, I don't want help. You may also be right about my car not slapping. I don't know why you feel the need to bash me though. I have done nothing to you, and have contributed the best I could to the evo community (helped out with as many tech questions as I could). I do indeed know what crankwalk is, and probably have a more thorough understanding of it than you do, onlinealias. Can someone please just close this thread.

Last edited by bluevilevo8; Mar 2, 2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

I have remained calm throughout this entire thread, even in the face of absurd accusations. If you feel the need to take out your frustration on me, then fine. It's only the interweb. If we met face to face I know things would be different. With all the b.s. floating around, especially on this board, I suppose you guys have grown "hard" to people complaining about the evo. Before I go (this WILL be my last post in this thread, if you want to talk, pm me and I'll gladly explain anything), I just would like to reiterate I didn't mean to ***** or complain. I also did not mean to "bash" evos in any way. I started this thread simply to say bye, and am very sorry to see it turn out this way. Keep on keepin on guys..
Old Mar 2, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

And on that sweet note, this thread is closed.

bluevilevo8. If you sell your evo and leave, don't let the forums door hit you on the ***.

If you choose to stay and really want to figure out what is wrong with your car, we will be here for you. But you have to keep an open mind and be willing to take criticism and suggestions to be helped on an online forum.

SC~