Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Opinions on a used 9

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 148 Likes on 122 Posts
Why so some people feel the need to say what they payed for they'r evo when either a) they live in a different country or b) accross the state. Prices vary majorly depending on where you live! So nobody cares what you payed for your 1 owner ix. Lol completely irrelevant.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would talk them down or move on, thats a lot of miles and a high price for an accident and cloth interior. I paid 18k for my 04 GSR with SSL @36.6k miles. Flew across the country to get it, but was worth it. A patient buyer is a successful one.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIxoxo
Why so some people feel the need to say what they payed for they'r evo when either a) they live in a different country or b) accross the state. Prices vary majorly depending on where you live! So nobody cares what you payed for your 1 owner ix. Lol completely irrelevant.
FWIW I feel that a location doesnt matter. Seems relevant for the OP who is wondering if this car is a good value. These are the best we can do to help compare. I picked mine up in DC as there were none available in good condition anywhere near TX at the time. Just depends on how far you are willing to go.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChUt26
Put down as much as you can afford. More down payment the less your monthly payments will be (I'm sure you know this lol). Plus depending on your credit history you'll also have a better shot at getting approved.
Yea deff know that As of now I've done mostly window shopping, but here in cali they range from around 15-20k. Depending on condition, mileage, etc.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:41 PM

definitely bring someone who has knowledge on evos go with you to make sure everything checks out okay, but most importantly, bring it to a specialized shop dealing with these kinds of cars to do a compression and leakdown check to make sure everything is okay... dont rush buying it, the right one will come around! just gotta be patient and you'll get the one you truly want
Old Jan 12, 2014, 07:49 PM

? Somone ask if a car is a good deal, myself and others reply with a no and information to back up why it's not a good deal. So maybe you don't care but the op just might.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 08:59 PM

I think u should just wait on it and try to find one a little better.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 01:22 PM

Yeah way over priced imo
Old Jan 13, 2014, 05:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I disagree, if a dealership prices a car specially like the evo they will very rarely move around with it. It's nt like a private sale where the seller needs it gone ASAP. They will just sit on it for as long as it takes because a seller ALWAYS comes around eventually.
Not this guy again.

Get off your Evo high horse. You need to realize that there are far more and better cars out there then just Evo VIII or IX. And just because you own one doesn't mean that everyone else wants to and will bend over backwards for one.

The truth is that the dealer will sell the car as long as they make what they want on it. They're not going to sit on Evo just because its an Evo! They know what it is, but it's just another car for them to move.

Dude, it's not like the Evo is a super rare $100,000 car where location and market has that big of an effect on it. This is a $15-25k car and the difference between markets might just be a grand or two if that!

You are an ignorant hypocrite. This guy asked what this Evo was worth and you said it wasn't overpriced. How the hell would you know what a fair price is if you yourself stated that it varies on where you live? Are you up to date on the Evo market conditions in his area?

So don't go around giving your opinion on what Evo's are worth and then tell others not to give theirs. Especially when their numbers are accurate and based on what they paid and not what they 'think.'
Old Jan 13, 2014, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks everyone for your insights. I mistaken this for a 9 because I thought the 8's were 03-04 and the 9's were 05-06. Think I'm going to buy one off a member here through the classifieds section. It is everything I was looking for in an Evo plus it's a good price (lower than the one I listed by a few grand!). It's an 04 Viii SSL.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks everyone for your insights. I mistaken this for a 9 because I thought the 8's were 03-04 and the 9's were 05-06. Think I'm going to buy one off a member here through the classifieds section. It is everything I was looking for in an Evo plus it's a good price (lower than the one I listed by a few grand!). It's an 04 Viii SSL.
Just to help clarify, 9's were 2006 models only . Like others have said, move on from this car and find a better one . If you do get one from a member at least you can research what they have done to the car.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

SSL is the way to go!

Old Jan 22, 2014, 08:16 AM

they have alot of evos at that dealer......