Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

e85+dailydriven+oil interval

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
The number of sheep that actually believe their own BS in here is comical.

Sad really
Old Jan 23, 2014, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've seen the thread... good info in it too. Like I said above I think people worry too much.

I worry more about running 30 psi in fifth gear than whether my low mileage oil is doing its job.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brad penn 1500 miles.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Redline oil.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
The number of sheep that actually believe their own BS in here is comical.

Sad really
This comment really helps the evo community!
I personally run Brad Penn and change it every 3k miles on gas or e85.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

I run 10-30 AMSoil dominator series. I was going to use Brad Penn but somewhere on there site said not recommended for ethanol use, is there something different now?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rich3389
This comment really helps the evo community!
I personally run Brad Penn and change it every 3k miles on gas or e85.
About as much as bashing off the shelf oils does I guess. Meanwhile some of the highest millage cars on this site have never ran a drop of Sheep Oil in thier lives and never will.

But they were supposed to have given up their ghosts long ago I thought??? M1, Castrol, Pennsoil are all very detrimental to your cars longevity I keep hearing.

Keep on grazing, leave the driving to us

Nom Nom Nom
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
About as much as bashing off the shelf oils does I guess. Meanwhile some of the highest millage cars on this site have never ran a drop of Sheep Oil in thier lives and never will.

But they were supposed to have given up their ghosts long ago I thought??? M1, Castrol, Pennsoil are all very detrimental to your cars longevity I keep hearing.

Keep on grazing, leave the driving to us

Nom Nom Nom
Now this a good post! Calling people ignorant doesn't help ignorance!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I've seen the thread... good info in it too. Like I said above I think people worry too much.

I worry more about running 30 psi in fifth gear than whether my low mileage oil is doing its job.
I bet you do..... rolls eyes.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:14 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
This is the internet people, your opinions are only worth as much as the sources you provide to back them up with.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

And the cars with the most mileage I'm pretty sure are all stock or damn close...... you ever come my way I'll let my "sheep car" eat. Seems the sheep here are actually the wolves.

The facts are simple. If you're making power you're usually not running garbage oil. Sure there's the argument if it's good for so and so brand it's good for me. However different applications, different enviroments, different conditions. Our cars require a better oil ask anyone. Especially the guys going fast.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:27 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsiebert
And the cars with the most mileage I'm pretty sure are all stock or damn close...... you ever come my way I'll let my "sheep car" eat. Seems the sheep here are actually the wolves.

The facts are simple. If you're making power you're usually not running garbage oil. Sure there's the argument if it's good for so and so brand it's good for me. However different applications, different enviroments, different conditions. Our cars require a better oil ask anyone. Especially the guys going fast.

What facts? You did not provide a single one in this little rant.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Not stock, Not close, Never a drop of Sheep Oil here.

I have done multiple UOA's over the years with my car, they are certainly not end all be all, but never seen any excess wear, always plenty of life left in my oil

Buy whatever oil you want but DO NOT try to justify your decision by telling folks that they are doing their cars a disservice by not running "Sheep Oil". Makes you look like a jackass to people that actually know better.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

We can discuss film strength for turbochargers, ethanol/alcohol/methanol compatability, zinc content, resistance to thermal breakdown, and also the front case issues people have had on thinner oils.

There is a reason FP arguably one of if not the best turbocharger company states if you run Mobil 1 they WILL void your warranty. There is a reason AMS, Magnus, Buschur all recommend better oil it's because it works.

There's a reason you don't see Mobil one in drag cars, and you don't see off the shelf mobile one in anything else on the racetrack. The proof is in results.

If you also would like, there are oil analysis results all over this place. There's a sticky thread and I believe some of the guys switched from Mobil one and show the results and resulting analysis.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

There is a reason FP arguably one of if not the best turbocharger company states if you run Mobil 1 they WILL void your warranty. There is a reason AMS, Magnus, Buschur all recommend better oil it's because it works.

Yup and it seems as if you don't even know the reason.

The reason FP put out their approved oil list for the Stock Frame Journal Bearing line of Evolution TC's is they were using dissimilar metals in THEIR PROPRIETARY JB DESIGN and found that this bearing design needed the extra ZDDP. Their BB stock framed units were not being produced then.

This means NOTHING for your factory Turbo or any BB turbo in any of my exp.

Quick Reply: e85+dailydriven+oil interval