Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

e85+dailydriven+oil interval

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 09:26 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsiebert
We can discuss film strength for turbochargers, ethanol/alcohol/methanol compatability, zinc content, resistance to thermal breakdown, and also the front case issues people have had on thinner oils.

There is a reason FP arguably one of if not the best turbocharger company states if you run Mobil 1 they WILL void your warranty. There is a reason AMS, Magnus, Buschur all recommend better oil it's because it works.

There's a reason you don't see Mobil one in drag cars, and you don't see off the shelf mobile one in anything else on the racetrack. The proof is in results.

If you also would like, there are oil analysis results all over this place. There's a sticky thread and I believe some of the guys switched from Mobil one and show the results and resulting analysis.
You really need to quote sources. You are taking alot of stuff out of context and trying to apply it here and it is misleading to people that dont know better. Race engines use different oil because they are being torn down and rebuilt on a regular basis. This means the oil used does not contain detergents intended for regular street cars, and also have additives that will damage emissions equipment. You would not want to run this oil in a street driven car. Source
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of evos don't run cats and I am pretty sure you are the one taking it out of context. I meant exactly what I said in every post.

How long/ how much experience do you have with the 4g63/4g63 just curious?

Last edited by Jsiebert; Jan 23, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:47 PM

A lot of evos don't run cats and I am pretty sure you are the one taking it out of context. I meant exactly what I said in every post.

How long/ how much experience do you have with the 4g63/4g63 just curious?
I get it now, you are just trolling....
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a reason FP arguably one of if not the best turbocharger company states
Comedian
Old Jan 23, 2014, 02:44 PM

Mobile 1 full synthetic 10W-30 change every 2k 500+awhp no problems so far
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:25 PM

Numbers in the oil tests don't lie, I don't like to cut corners on my car and I'm certainly not going to by being cheap on the oil why not spend the extra dollar or two on some good oil ?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:26 PM

As far as my car goes, mobile 1 will never be poured in the motor, and I advise all of my friends against it
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
RedLine 15w50

Only reason for this is RRE uses it...therefore I do too ;-)

Oil changed religiously every 3000-3500 miles...old school. 443whp daily driven...
Old Jan 24, 2014, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by evo9gsrmike
Numbers in the oil tests don't lie, I don't like to cut corners on my car and I'm certainly not going to by being cheap on the oil why not spend the extra dollar or two on some good oil ?
What oil tests?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
I get it now, you are just trolling....
You still haven't answered my question. I'm going to assume your 4G experience isn't very extensive. You will eventually learn through time/experience that the minimal extra investment has greater returns than the 10 dollars per oil change.

The oil numbers he was referring to are the same ones I've been referring to. Go to the ENGINE subforum and look through the engine oil analysis numbers. You might actually learn something instead of just arguing to argue.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Are you speaking of UOA's. Been doing them on my Evo long before some thread on here and they have always come back great.

If you are insinuating that a vehicle running sheep oil is going to outlast one running a off the shelf synthetic your a fool just like the other before you. You are very very misinformed and are the one that can use some education.

Another who under the brainwash of some **** bag oil company. Sad really

Keep on grazing
Old Jan 24, 2014, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Are you speaking of UOA's. Been doing them on my Evo long before some thread on here and they have always come back great.

If you are insinuating that a vehicle running sheep oil is going to outlast one running a off the shelf synthetic your a fool just like the other before you. You are very very misinformed and are the one that can use some education.

Another who under the brainwash of some **** bag oil company. Sad really

Keep on grazing
you saying "sheep oil" and "keep grazing" is the most annoying thing in this thread. What is sheep oil anyway, everything except mobil 1?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 07:48 AM

You still haven't answered my question. I'm going to assume your 4G experience isn't very extensive. You will eventually learn through time/experience that the minimal extra investment has greater returns than the 10 dollars per oil change.

The oil numbers he was referring to are the same ones I've been referring to. Go to the ENGINE subforum and look through the engine oil analysis numbers. You might actually learn something instead of just arguing to argue.
My experience has absolutely nothing to do with the points i have made in this thread. That is why I include sources. The foundation of my arguments cannot be weakened by attacking me personally, because they are based on information you can go look at yourself. You dont have to just "take my word for it".

So how about you provide some sources to back up anything you have said, otherwise you are just talking out of your *** Ace Ventura style.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by GEOFF[4G63]
you saying "sheep oil" and "keep grazing" is the most annoying thing in this thread. What is sheep oil anyway, everything except mobil 1?
Oh boy no.

Sheep oil/Snake Oil, certain oil manufacturers sole business model is scare tactics. Scaring folks that do not know any better into buying their products, putting fear into their heads by stating not running out product is doing you car, truck, bike, atv, etc... a disservice

Also that your engine will not last as long as someone running our wonderful Snake/Sheeps Oil.

I call it sheeps oil because folks just jump onboard not thinking for themselves just like sheep following their heard. These companies never show any real data showing X vs Y and see this happened because said sheeps oil was not in the crankcase

Sad and pathetic really.

Fact is any Synthetic you buy off the shelf at your local parts store Wally World etc. Will never hurt your stock block, non JB FP Turboed Evolution ever.

Any company or person that tells you different is a damn fool
Old Jan 24, 2014, 08:19 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Oh boy no.

These companies never show any real data showing X vs Y and see this happened because said sheeps oil was not in the crankcase

Sad and pathetic really.

Fact is any Synthetic you buy off the shelf at your local parts store Wally World etc. Will never hurt your stock block, non JB FP Turboed Evolution ever.

Any company or person that tells you different is a damn fool

Yes sir we will believe every word you say,, we understand you are the OIL guru in these forums,,,, NOT
I am sure AMS Performance, FP Turbochargers, Boost Performance, Sweitzer performance, SpecOps Motorsports, E-Spec, Nur Perfomrnace, decided to consult you for their OIL needs

Hmmm,, I am wondering why the shops mentioned above decided to use Well designed OILs in their shop cars and customers cars. Why let me help you understand ,, because they understand mechanical systems and how different lubricants affect the reliability of the mechanical part

For those that like charts and tables read on:

http://wpc.1c96.edgecastcdn.net/001C...ent/index.html

http://wpc.1c96.edgecastcdn.net/001C...ved/index.html

AND if I was you , I would not reply you keep making a fool out of yourself, with your attempt to undermine the difference on how OILs are designed.

Quick Reply: e85+dailydriven+oil interval