Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

e85+dailydriven+oil interval

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Point proven like I said folks

A FOOL

Ohhhh Ahhh and BS graphs by none other then SHAMSOIL themselves. I didnt read them no reason to. I'd believe graphs from my cousins newborn before anything posted by that company

Last edited by gsrboi80; Jan 24, 2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 08:53 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by apagan01
Yes sir we will believe every word you say,, we understand you are the OIL guru in these forums,,,, NOT
I am sure AMS Performance, FP Turbochargers, Boost Performance, Sweitzer performance, SpecOps Motorsports, E-Spec, Nur Perfomrnace, decided to consult you for their OIL needs

Hmmm,, I am wondering why the shops mentioned above decided to use Well designed OILs in their shop cars and customers cars. Why let me help you understand ,, because they understand mechanical systems and how different lubricants affect the reliability of the mechanical part

For those that like charts and tables read on:

http://wpc.1c96.edgecastcdn.net/001C...ent/index.html

http://wpc.1c96.edgecastcdn.net/001C...ved/index.html

AND if I was you , I would not reply you keep making a fool out of yourself, with your attempt to undermine the difference on how OILs are designed.
While i commend you for at least linking something. This is marketing material for the product you happen to be a vendor of. This is literally the cool-aid. While the material does go on to show how your product is better in this way and that. It in no way shows that any of the other oils tested are in any way harmful to use in any application. How about some independent studies? Also the second link has a disclaimer at the beginning that it only applies to products formulated 2009 and earlier. That date is before API SN Rating was established. Source
Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:09 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
While i commend you for at least linking something. This is marketing material for the product you happen to be a vendor of. This is literally the cool-aid. While the material does go on to show how your product is better in this way and that. It in no way shows that any of the other oils tested are in any way harmful to use in any application. How about some independent studies? Also the second link has a disclaimer at the beginning that it only applies to products formulated 2009 and earlier. That date is before API SN Rating was established. Source
And this is exactly why I don't post to many charts and graphs,, because when I don't post them some say you have no proof and when I post them I am biased...

Yes the test was conducted and paid by AMSOIL but remember, in order to meet the specs of the auto manufacturers we have to pass the test qualification criteria's for each requirement section, other wise we would be SUED by others.. you follow me
Example if we don't meet the NOAK, Four ball ASTM 4172, TBN ASTM D 2896 but we say our OILs are great API and our competitors would be all over us !

Here is some data that is more recent, which includes SN quals, we had a third party do our testing. When certifying OILs is best to have a third party to the test. It gives you better credibility with the API or markets.
Right the data is not meant to show product X will harm your engine, now keep in mind these studies are based on OEM stock level engines,,, this happens to be a performance forum where most of us push the engine 2x or 4x the OEM power levels,, so at that point the only test data you can use is UOAs, open up the engine to se how well it behaved ect...
What I am saying is many of us have tried different brands of OILs with different power levels, I personally work with a lot of shops around the USA to help them choose the best OIL for their application, and how do we do that is by using custom blends like the Racing Dominator 15W50 or the Zrod 20W50. In the GTR world we are trying to figure out a fluid for the DCT tranny, right now a qt of DCT OIL is 30 bucks a qt.

Last edited by apagan01; Jan 24, 2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by apagan01
And this is exactly why I don't post to many charts and graphs,, because when I don't post them some say you have no proof and when I post them I am biased...

Yes the test was conducted and paid by AMSOIL but remember, in order to meet the specs of the auto manufacturers we have to pass the test qualification criteria's for each requirement section, other wise we would be SUED by others.. you follow me
Example if we don't meet the NOAK, Four ball ASTM 4172, TBN ASTM D 2896 but we say our OILs are great API and our competitors would be all over us !

Here is some data that is more recent, which includes SN quals, we had a third party do our testing. When certifying OILs is best to have a third party to the test. It gives you better credibility with the API or markets.

The material does claim that it was done by a third party. Like i said though, this material in no way demonstrates that any of the oils tested would be harmful in any way in any application. Also im not sure what the prices in the back are derived from but they seem inflated compared to what major retailers are selling off the shelf oil for. I would add links but im not sure if that would violate the Forums rules.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:38 AM

To add to my comment. What is the correlation of Higher Horsepower requiring different oil? I would love to see the data on that topic. For example the Chevy ZR1 comes factory filled with Mobil 1, Source and it is making 638hp, 604ft/lbs. Source The MFG's have to warranty this engine so i dont see them putting something in that would not meet the requirements of their application.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run brad penn 20-50 in my self built motor, had a 6466 on the car last year and drove it around all Summer making 800+hp and 600ft lbs. I don't think i ever went more than 1500 miles without changing oil, that might be a little over kill, but making that much power what's 50 bucks to keep fresh oil in it. Depending on how much I was in boost it would push some oil as well, so I always carried at least a half quart with me lol.

Last edited by gpfury86; Jan 24, 2014 at 12:46 PM.