Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

coolant line split anybody else have happen

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it was maybe on the h for like 2mins tops then i shut it off and i was near a local meet and was able to scrape up tools hoses and coolant lol ive only had the evo for like 3months and was like freaking out this is my baby now i over heated my honda like 5 times lol never had a problem still worried me though and this is not as cheap to fix as a honda
Old Jan 25, 2014, 07:47 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by FamilyCarEvo8
it was maybe on the h for like 2mins tops then i shut it off and i was near a local meet and was able to scrape up tools hoses and coolant lol ive only had the evo for like 3months and was like freaking out this is my baby now i over heated my honda like 5 times lol never had a problem still worried me though and this is not as cheap to fix as a honda
Hitting the temp to cause your gauge to hit H at all is enough no matter how long it stayed there. Obviously though the longer its run at that temp the worse the risk. Im not saying you for sure have a problem, but do your due diligence and have it checked out. If you do have a problem it will save you alot of money dealing with it early on vs letting it get worse and potentially causing more damage. The **** our head gaskets have to deal with is in a whole different league then your average Honda.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 07:56 PM

very true on tuesday im going buy to get it checked its free might as well fingers crossed thanks for all the help theres a great group of pple here i guess thats apart of being in the evo family
Old Jan 25, 2014, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Mine did same. Tps hoses. Few others also. Old hoses. I also put in ralliart thermostat and softer sprind on radiator cap to vent back to catch bottle.
I never ran out of fluid and temp didnt come up. If so damage could go much deeper. Head gasket would be one of first issues

Last edited by Evo5madness; Jan 25, 2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, old hoses tend to leak or be sensitive and burst.

Good luck with your car