Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer tried to scam me..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MP5

My rule is if a car dealers lips are moving or the salesmens lips are moving because the GM is marionetting him up the backside then its a lie. There is nothing more vile and defiling than having to walk into a import car dealership. I really think its a work for food program for probate cons that noone bothered to tell me about.

I hear ya, bro...that's why I enjoy ****ing with them so much...
Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally posted by TheeVOoNE
this is my audi s4, the one without gas in the oil, With the GIAC chip the car runs mad rich and NO, NO, NO gas is inside my oil at all. If you really do own a gti or audi you should know that the car runs really rich stock or tuned and no gas should be inside your oil if you car is healthy. [/B]
On a lighter note. How many sets of wheels did you have for that S4? It looks like at least three. I like the black best!
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

That is the dealerships favorite weapon.. time.. pass it off long enough until it blows up out of warranty...
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

TheeVOoNE are u on the vw vortex?...im hsd16vdub on there ive been in the vw/audi scene for around 4 years

anyway u definatly have the right to see the paperwork...fight fight fight
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:44 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

I have a gas smell in my oil too, and my bumpers are cream instead of white; been that way ever since I bought it home. Some people might find the slight colour variation unacceptable for a $30K car but it really doesn't bother me. However, when I visit the dealership I expect to be treated with respect and expect them to do everything in their power to make me happy. Luckily, in my 2 visits to 2 different service departments I have had nothing but good service. I'm not sure what course of action you have available to you but I hope you reach an amicable solution.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

i too got screwed from SC mitsu...
I went in without financing, and they said they would take care of it. I signed the contract and went home. Three days later i get mail from the lenders saying i was NOT approved. ???? I let them know and he said he would let me keep the car until one of the lenders financed me. Turns out ALL of them DECLINED!... fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how u look at it) i called my credit union and got financed thru them.

for the downpayment i told them i only had 3500 to put down. When i got the receipt back from them, they actually took out 4000!!!! they took the extra money from my savings account..!!! which left me with 0 in the bank.

so basically, they sold me the car, lying about the financing, and taking more than i wanted them to for the downpayment...just to get me in the car.
Something else i noticed, a week later when i looked over my contract [this is my fault for being to excited and not reading the entire contract] --he told me the car was 34k OTD.... so i assumed cool, 34k otd, minus 4k should put me around 30k. NOPE... they simple added my downpayment to the cost of the car...38k!!!

again, i was a fool, i got ****ed, not sure if there is anything i can do about it besides *****ing. Mike was the GM who dealt with me...and he keep saying to the salesman..."gee, you only made 50$ from this deal... gary u got a great deal..." more like $5000

im pretty embarresed about it, i never thought i would be such a sucker....
everytime i get in my car, i love it to death, but i owe more than the cars worth.. a lot more... and that takes most of the pleasure away..
I bought my car in october, so i dont think there is much i can do abou it... if anyone has a suggestion let me know...

my only advice would be.. NEVER GO TO A CAR DEALERSHIP BY YOURSELF... always have a voice of reason with you... cuz i know if i did... i would have gotten a fair deal... and not a huge dck in the a$$...

btw--- there service department asked me if i was going to put my aftermarket exhaust from my subaru in my evo....
thats when i new the service department was as ignorant as the salesmen.....

mayeb in a year when my payments are even with the worth of the car i can get some satisfaction... but until that day... manic depression is all i feel in my evo...

justice bypasses the trusting individual i guess....

im gonna cry

BUDLoNG
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

budlong - full coverage + gap coverage.

Drive it right into the GMs car as soon as he's not in it. Make sure to smack it so the GMs car smashes into the dealership as well.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

I feel sorry for this guy, but everyone who directly blames Mitsu is crazy because you all should know that Mitsu can't watch every single little move each dealer makes. They obviously want the dealers to give good service and not mark up the prices much because that means less business for the company. People who have bad experiences at these awful dealerships need to call or somehow report this to Mitsu so that they will see a pattern of problems coming from whichever dealer it is, and I bet you they will take care of it.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

ahh man i just read your story budlong and that sucks!!! That really is horrible the way those guys used the car and your excitement about the car to screw you for a few extra bucks. I sure do hope everything works out for you though. If you think about it though, them doing that might end up losing them money in the long run because I feel fairly sure you will never purchase another car from them or take it there for service. Good luck.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Moe....hahaha....Moe.

Anyone named Moe (sorry to anyone here named Moe, Im just ribbing)....jesus. Moe....hahahahaha

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope everything works out.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 03:23 PM

Need some advise... I just filed an complain with MItsu. USA and they basically told me they can't do anything about it since the dealer is privately owned. This is just ridiculously insane, they have an # to file complains in the manual but the outcome of an complain is nothing.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

about your bumper paint not matching: just about every Evo I've seen has this problem. Depending on lighting sometimes it looks more extreme than other times. Get out your digicam and take a picture of any Evo at night and the rear bumper paint will not match.

about gas in your oil: I started a thread about this and more Evo's than not have the smell. Do a search and you will find the thread. IMO if you break in on synthetic the rings either dont seal properly or take forever to seal (like 10k+ miles). I know someone w/ an Evo that ate oil and had the gas smell up to about 12k miles then stopped consuming oil and no more gas smell (he broke in on factory synthetic). Another friend has an M3 which also has synthetic oil from the factory has the gas smell in his oil, his car has about 5k miles.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have an Evo but I thought I'd share this with you anyway. When I had my engine rebuilt, (bored block, new pistons, rings, etc.) it was broken in with synthetic oil and it took just over 10,000 km to properly seat the rings. All that time the oil smelt like gas and then eventually went away. But of course it would still be a good idea to get those compression figures for your Evo just to make sure and see as to whether or not everything is fine.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:24 PM

Just for references... Any damaged under $500 doesen't have to be reported to the customer.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

More about your paint: The flex agent that they add to the paint on your bumpers tends to make it slightly darker. The effect is worse in some colors than others.

More about your fuel smell: Where the dealer screwed up is telling you they would check it out at all. They should have just counseled you that this is entirely normal and sent you on your way. Lying about it after the fact is certainly not right, but they handled you and the whole situation wrong from the very beginning.

Last edited by OnlineAlias; Mar 3, 2004 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer tried to scam me..