Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer tried to scam me..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't even get me started with car dealer's......... ;-)
Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:49 PM

Your car is under warrenty, they SAID they did the test, they DIDNT do the test, you broke the SM down then he TOLD your they DIDNT do the test and further screwed himslef by saying "PAY me and I'll do the test."

Thats breach of contract under the warrenty that you AND the SELLER signed, sue the **** out of them!!!
Old Mar 4, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

please sue the **** out of them...
Old Mar 4, 2004, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

next time u go in to the dealer u should bring a recording device...
get everything he says on tape,.. then its not "your word against his"

thats my plan when i confront them anyways..
BUDLoNG
Old Mar 4, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

isnt it illegal to record audio without the other person knowing?..i know u can take video but audio is different i beleive
Old Mar 4, 2004, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by boostCreep
isnt it illegal to record audio without the other person knowing?..i know u can take video but audio is different i beleive
It depends on the state. In Virginia it's only illegal if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. So if the conversation was being held in a closed office or room, it would probably be illegal. If it's in an open space, such as a service counter, where it could be expected that other people could overhear the conversation, then it would likely be legal to record the conversation.

FWIW, I've exchanged threads with other Evo owners on this forum. They have stated that it took nearly 10,000 miles for their rings to fully seat and for oil consumption to stabilize when they used synthetic oil for break in.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 09:04 AM
WFO

What's the service Manager's name? I would go above his head, and talk to the owner of the F'ing dealership. Not that he's going to be any better....but at least you can see what happens. Thanks for the post...Now I know one more place to stay away from.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Az3ar
will you might get a scrach on your new car like my s2000 but you wont get a new car that was into an accident. i mean you can take them to court the next day if this happend. ask yourself why would they do that to loose there mitsu corp license for one car??? i am not against you here, i know where you are coming from but if i were you i will drive the car for the first 2 weeks see how it burns oil, how fast ?? left the car up and check any accident in the back, no matter how well they fixed it you still can see it if you are expert then take it back.. dont fight with them because you wont get no where( trust me)
actually i have worked for both dealers in the area (stevens creek and capitol) and believe me it DOES get you somewhere, over at capitol we sold a g20, customer took it to an independent, and they found out it was in an accident. how? there was 1 screw out of place (one of the useless 10mm holding plastic in the engine bay) and what did we do? we took it back. please do research beore you go bashing on someone. not all dealers are bad.

and the main thing is he is warning all of us about potential issues with this dealer, to save us time and headache...there is no need to be an internet tough guy and give him crap
Old Mar 25, 2004, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by boostCreep
make sure you record outdoors. its not illegal then because they have no reasonable expectation of privacy..so its all good
Old Mar 25, 2004, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Actually...you can record indoors as well. There is no law prohibiting that. Dealerships are private property sure but it is still a public place. Meaning that everyone has right to step onto the property and within the buildings. Anywhere a normal citizen has access to or can reach close proximity to there is no expectation of privacy. To ears that is. Unless it was a sound proof room or 100 yards down a hallway with "restricted access" at the begining of the hallway. Then there would be an expectation of privacy. Feel free, tape away, just don't egg them on...it won't help your cause even if they are being dicks. Be calm and professional at all times no matter how hard it is.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
YOU did great job by going back HMm its easy WHY did you go back? easy answer BECAUSE you could tell, they didnt touched ****!!! He shouldnt lie to your face! SATAN's!!!

Last edited by tweakdsm; Mar 25, 2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Gonzo314
Actually...you can record indoors as well. There is no law prohibiting that. Dealerships are private property sure but it is still a public place. Meaning that everyone has right to step onto the property and within the buildings. Anywhere a normal citizen has access to or can reach close proximity to there is no expectation of privacy. To ears that is. Unless it was a sound proof room or 100 yards down a hallway with "restricted access" at the begining of the hallway. Then there would be an expectation of privacy. Feel free, tape away, just don't egg them on...it won't help your cause even if they are being dicks. Be calm and professional at all times no matter how hard it is.
good call... didnt think of it that way, but make sure they don't have an employees only sign posted
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by budlong

for the downpayment i told them i only had 3500 to put down. When i got the receipt back from them, they actually took out 4000!!!! they took the extra money from my savings account..!!! which left me with 0 in the bank.

BUDLoNG
did you write a check? if you did, and it says only 3500, you can void the contract,and go to capitol mitsuand get another one there even though you bought it last year. they have NO right whatsoever to take more than you authorize, but if you put it on a card, and signed it, thats a different story

btw, i got mine for 1200.00 UNDER invoice from them..they made a mistake and put the lancer rebate, and when they found out they took te 1k hit and kept my payments the same (a little lower actually)
Old Mar 26, 2004, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by Az3ar
hey hey hey, come down man. YOU ARE GOING TO SMELL GAS IN YOU OIL BECAUSE EVOS RUN TOOO RICH ON HIGH RPM, IT A KNOWN THING. so you dont have any problems with that at all do some research here and you will find out that all evos smell gas in the oil. about your bumper ??? i mean EVO have some cheap *** paint and we all know that so what are you expecting, again read in the forums and you will find out. bye the way i have never had bad service from mitsu because i know how to talk to them (do research and yo will find out). last EVOS are loud hard to drive, notchy and they need srvice all the time so if it is not your type a car then go and trade it in.
What the hell are you talking about, you lost me you ****. If the guy wants to see his paper work then he should have the right. If his bumper is an off color i'd have a few words too. And as for service on the car, that's why he brought it in because he thought he had a problem. Maybe he should have bought a couple of German cars like yourself to get the "special treatment" that you get, but maybe he didn't want to get on all fours to get it.
Why not just feel the guys pain and frustration for getting the ol' blow-off by Corp. Fat Cat's and give him a BUMP and you can shut your pie-hole and get back to your Dale Carnady on tape while driveing to your desk job.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

You know what 20:20 should do? An investigative report on car dealerships. PREFERABLY MITSUBISHI. With all this talk about bad service, I think it would make a GREAT story. Once it's on TV; with dealer Reps saying BS, scientists or reputable mechanics examining the data, and going back to the dealer Reps with the found and truthful data; Im sure Mitsubishi will think a little before they go down the drain.

I dont get why Mitsubishi has such a bad rep lately. They are in financial trouble, why not improve the customer service if they can't improve their cars? Seriously Mitsu, what are you thinking..

Quick Reply: Dealer tried to scam me..