Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer tried to scam me..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2004, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bobaab
You know what 20:20 should do? An investigative report on car dealerships. PREFERABLY MITSUBISHI. With all this talk about bad service, I think it would make a GREAT story. Once it's on TV; with dealer Reps saying BS, scientists or reputable mechanics examining the data, and going back to the dealer Reps with the found and truthful data; Im sure Mitsubishi will think a little before they go down the drain.

I dont get why Mitsubishi has such a bad rep lately. They are in financial trouble, why not improve the customer service if they can't improve their cars? Seriously Mitsu, what are you thinking..
i just came from the bmw camp, and the service is not much better with german cars.....20/20 couldnt report all the ****ty dealers there are unless they had their own channel or something
Old May 7, 2004, 08:23 AM

Dealerships always scam people out of money. I work at a used car dealership which sales alot of certified used cars. which sells about 100 cars a month. We tell the customer that a mechanic checked out like 150 different points on the cars. About half the time we dont. I'm saying this because don't listen to anything any dealership tells you. Unless you know them personally. About the bumper we often get cars that are less then a year old with scuffed bumpers and all we do is have this guy repaint the whole bumper and we never tell the custermer anything about how it was repainted. Even if the customer asks if the car was ever repainted the salesmen tell them no.
Old May 7, 2004, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Just as an FYI that good service does exist .... I bought my Evo from O'Brien Mitsu in Normal, IL. They didn't have the one I wanted (white, big wing, no sunroof), so I agreed to have them drive one down from Michigan. Car came in two days later and had a bunch of BS decals on it, but O'Brien was cool and they took all the decals off for me. Unfortunately the other dealers trunk decal had been strategically placed to cover up 3 deep scratches. After seeing that, my sales guy was like "OMG we are soooo sorry. If we had known, we'd have gotten a different one for you". He then proceeded to have my trunk re-painted at a local body shop - did a perfect job - no charge. So far I am very happy with their service and have nothing but good things to say. The SM even sold me an upgraded "Pit Pass" that covers 12 oil changes instead of the usual 7 for the same $$.

Last edited by Ludikraut; May 7, 2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old May 7, 2004, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Az3ar
man i read you hole post. i am sorry but you have issues. you are saying that Mitsu sold you a car the was hit????? i mean wtf its a brand new car. go under the car and look if there is any weldings if you know how to do that..... be nice to people they wont test your car when they know there is nothing wrong with it for sure. Are you a tech???? if so fix your own car with out buging people about gas smell in the oil. dude some people??

What so you are saying that because its a new car its impossible that it could have had its bumper repainted. This **** happenes all the time and the worst thing about it is that dealerships don't need to report it if its under ~$500. Also if you have never been to Stevens creek mitsubishi you can not understand he is so upset. Its not easy to get good customer service from Mitsubishi in the Bay Area. Almost all the Mitsubishi dealerships are like this. Its sucks.
Old May 7, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by Silver Mojo
...What so you (Az3ar) are saying that because its a new car its impossible that it could have had its bumper repainted...
Silver Mojo: Dude, don't even bother trying to reason with this guy. Afterall he seems to think the Evo is running on a 2 stroke engine since it's normal to mix gas w/oil.... Hey is that white smoke I see coming out of that tail pipe? ... oh, wait ... it's coming out of the cabin ...
Old May 7, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

So much flaming.. took me forever to read this post then to realize most of it is worthless...

With that said man I'm sorry to hear about your story. Just curious if you've had any luck with getting anything done?

You may want to talk to other locals that have bought cars there and see if they have had any bad experiences.. The local news / news paper is always a good way to expose places like this.. The more people you can get to back you up the better ;D
Old May 7, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

*sigh*

1.) They lied to you.
2.) Freedom of Information *act* allows you to reasonably get the documents, most of the time, it would be a small charge to have the document copied by a 'professional.' Most states have 'personalized' this act into their own state law.
1. again) They lied to you.

Good Luck,

jcnel.